Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Janet1480

Help please....how are you getting your stuff there??

Recommended Posts

It's definitely something to think about!  I'm flying USAIRWAYS and I think it's 25 per bag per flight.  So do I really want to spend 150 bucks extra on baggage plus the cost of the flight itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on USAIRWAYS as well. They do not even offer one free checked bag.. ugh!  It is 25 for 1st, $35 for 2nd, and if you have a 3rd it is $100.. That could get really pricey. Also if you go over 50lbs it is an extra $90.. I am going to distribute my decor to anybody and everybody that would be willing to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm carrying all my stuff too - heard too many stories about shipping and things getting caught in customs.  I checked into the shipping broker my hotel offered but its geared towards conventions and minimum price was about $250.  I think there is still a chance that you could get caught at customs via airplane but probably not as much.  Luckily I have status on Delta and between my fiance & I we can check 3-4 bags for free plus each carry on one.  Now my only problem is finding that many suitcases!  I have one large one that I NEVER use anymore and my plan was to fill that and leave it in the Bahamas - I was going to get rid of it anyway.  Hopefully some of the others will be soft (duffel bags) and they can be packed inside another one for the return trip.  Most of our guests are coming from other cities so we can't really spread it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks!  US AIRWAYS needs a better baggage policy!  It might end up costing you the same amount as shipping everything down there but at least it is with you so you will have a little less stress....maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW that does suck :( The only thing i am worried about through my research now is that it can take up to 3 months to ship stuff to the resort (if you go with the cheap methods) ...if you want priority shipping it will cost a small fortune. What if the stuff gets lost during shipping...i think i would have a heart attack. I suppose my luggage could get lost during travelling but probably less risk of that especially on a direct flight.

Maybe i should buy a seat on the plane for my luggage next to me ahahahah kidding!

 

Originally Posted by KCB2011 View Post

That sucks!  US AIRWAYS needs a better baggage policy!  It might end up costing you the same amount as shipping everything down there but at least it is with you so you will have a little less stress....maybe?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


or the stuff will be held prisoner by customs!
 

Originally Posted by snowbeltchick View Post

I'd be so paranoid that they would lose it in shipping or it would get majorly delayed. 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know!  I was having a secondary panic to the shipping situation when I realized that we have a connection on our flight to Punta Cana, which is higherl likelihood of lost baggage on the plane!  But I guess there is risk with everything so just have to think positive thoughts!

 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

WOW that does suck :( The only thing i am worried about through my research now is that it can take up to 3 months to ship stuff to the resort (if you go with the cheap methods) ...if you want priority shipping it will cost a small fortune. What if the stuff gets lost during shipping...i think i would have a heart attack. I suppose my luggage could get lost during travelling but probably less risk of that especially on a direct flight.

Maybe i should buy a seat on the plane for my luggage next to me ahahahah kidding!

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it too late to check with your TA about a direct flight without completely affecting everyone and everything?

 

Originally Posted by KCB2011 View Post

I know!  I was having a secondary panic to the shipping situation when I realized that we have a connection on our flight to Punta Cana, which is higherl likelihood of lost baggage on the plane!  But I guess there is risk with everything so just have to think positive thoughts!

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×