Photo

Different colors for BM dresses and GM shirts?? Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kjw

kjw
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

I need help!

I have picked and bought the bridesmaid dresses, but now I cannot find a shirt for the groomsmen. We are with a fairly casual style, just looking for a linen shirt, but the only color I can find that I like is a green, like celery color.  The girls dresses are a marine blue.  To me, both are tropical colors and could go together, but I don't feel I can pick two different color schemes.  I was hoping to go with just a really light shade of blue for the guys shirts, but can't find it anywhere.

What are your thoughts, can I use two different colors?

Does anyone know where else to find linen shirts this time of year in Canada, all I have looked at is Tommy Bahamas and Banana Republic (which had nothing).

Thanks for all your input!

#2 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Really easy solution is to try ordering from studiosuits.com. They make custom linen suits and shirts. Check out the thread that discusses that vendor.

#3 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
      • 447 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Also Cubavera has great linen shirts

#4 murmel

murmel
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

I think you can go with as many colors as you wish! We used turquoise and green for most things, but we added in different colors for the flowers....There are no rules!

For custom shirts try: iTailor.com  We used them to get a custom made linen shirt for our wedding. It is beautiful!

Good luck.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#5 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

We are going with different colors, our wedding colors are coral and turquoise, the bridesmaid dress is coral and gm shirt will be turquoise/aqua with natural colored linen pants.

#6 mmcst38

mmcst38
          • 237 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

can you put up some pics of the dresses/ shirts? (sorry I'm visual), you could possibly do just white shirts for the guys and either have the boutinerre match the girls dress and flowers or a tie that they can wear for ceremony and take off later if they want

May 13, 2011
            Riu Resort
            Ochos Rios Jamaica

#7 kjw

kjw
            • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the input, here is a picture of the dress and shirt (not a great picture for color of dress though, it is more marine or aqua).  We took the shirt to the dress on the weekend and I think I like it... I guess I'm just sad, I really wanted pink as one of our colors, but I think it will just be a bit much if I add that it too.  I think these will do good though.

IMG00011-20110212-1013.jpg

#8 murmel

murmel
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 1,407 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by kjw 

Thanks for the input, here is a picture of the dress and shirt (not a great picture for color of dress though, it is more marine or aqua).  We took the shirt to the dress on the weekend and I think I like it... I guess I'm just sad, I really wanted pink as one of our colors, but I think it will just be a bit much if I add that it too.  I think these will do good though.

The shirt almost looks white here, so I think it will be really neutral. If you want to bring pink into the mix, get your flowers in pink!

If you think to many colors might look odd, take a look at my profile, you will find some of our wedding pictures (default album). And we used a lot of color LOL

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#9 mmcst38

mmcst38
              • 237 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

I don't think mixing in pink will look odd at all, and actually if you put it in your flowers, maybe even the ribbon around the bouts, and girls flowers, it would definitely pop especially in pics and look awesome!

May 13, 2011
                Riu Resort
                Ochos Rios Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users