Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

Jamacia Excursions

Recommended Posts

The Bob Marley tour is fun! We went 3 years ago and they tour you around his house and you see his tomb and they talk about his family and they make you sing songs. (they also try to sell you Bob's favourite smoke too)

 

Dunns River is beautiful, and the climb is harder than  you think!

 

I'm thinking about the appleton rum tour ? Have anyone done that ? Or even to tour the old house at Rose Hall wouldn't take very long to do from the resort. More time for tanning on the beach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fiance and I did the short day tour from the Grand Palladium in Lucea to Ricks Cafe in Negril.  We didnt want to take an entire day to go someplace far, so we picked what we thought would be fun, and it turned out well!

We shopped, drank red stripes that we bought from a man off the street (lol), and enjoyed the sunset and people watching at Ricks.  Andd i'm pretty sure it was affordable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks!  I was thinking about this because it would be short as I hate wasting a whole day in a bus :)
 

Originally Posted by jamie0820 View Post

My fiance and I did the short day tour from the Grand Palladium in Lucea to Ricks Cafe in Negril.  We didnt want to take an entire day to go someplace far, so we picked what we thought would be fun, and it turned out well!

We shopped, drank red stripes that we bought from a man off the street (lol), and enjoyed the sunset and people watching at Ricks.  Andd i'm pretty sure it was affordable.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ahh the Bob Marley tour sounds incredible my FI and are are huuuuuge fans of the late Great, but isn't it kind of far from MoBay? I looked at the website and it looks so fun but I think it said it would take a couple hours to get there, and the tour is only like 2 hours long. I don't know if we can give up a whole day to do that but I still want to :( Dunns River we will do for sure though! I can't decide if my FI and I will do that one on our own or bring the group, it sounds like it might be more fun with a group! We're going to do Dunn River and go ziplining, one just with us and one we're going to bring our bridal party as a gift!

 

Appleton Rum Tour would be fun too! Every brewery tour i've been to which is many, we've gotten sooooo drunk for free of course haha.
 

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

The Bob Marley tour is fun! We went 3 years ago and they tour you around his house and you see his tomb and they talk about his family and they make you sing songs. (they also try to sell you Bob's favourite smoke too)

 

Dunns River is beautiful, and the climb is harder than  you think!

 

I'm thinking about the appleton rum tour ? Have anyone done that ? Or even to tour the old house at Rose Hall wouldn't take very long to do from the resort. More time for tanning on the beach!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If my fiance and I can afford it, we're hoping to pay and arrange for a private catamaran cruise to Half Moon Bay that includes snorkeling and picnic at private beach. We did this excursion on our last vacation and really enjoyed it. My family, in particular, have not been to Jamaica and some have some safety concerns about traveling in the country so they are unlikely to take tours outside of Negril. We really want to make this trip as enjoyable and comfortable for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That's the same tour we're doing for our guests!
 

Originally Posted by BlueMoonGirl View Post

If my fiance and I can afford it, we're hoping to pay and arrange for a private catamaran cruise to Half Moon Bay that includes snorkeling and picnic at private beach. We did this excursion on our last vacation and really enjoyed it. My family, in particular, have not been to Jamaica and some have some safety concerns about traveling in the country so they are unlikely to take tours outside of Negril. We really want to make this trip as enjoyable and comfortable for them.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×