Photo

Noob trying to make a decision... Dreams Riviera Cancun or Azul Sensatori

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ccsoti

ccsoti
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hi all.  I have been a member for a few months but really had no clue where I wanted my wedding until now.  We are meeting with our TA/WC this weekend to go over some options.  Dreams Riviera Cancun and Azul Sensatori are my top two choices.  Boy oh boy am I having a hell of a job trying to make a decision here!  Does anyone have advice on the decision making process? 

Thank you and congrats to all!

#2 ccsoti

ccsoti
    • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Sorry, I should also mention that wedding will be in April 2012...

#3 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
      • Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

There's nothing better than TripAdvisor for general feel of the hotels. Not always correct,but if everyone is complaining then you know something is wrong

:) Cheers

#4 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
        • 1,213 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

I've not been to Azul Sensatori, but every Dreams experience I've had has been awesome!  Good luck!

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine 

There's nothing better than TripAdvisor for general feel of the hotels. Not always correct,but if everyone is complaining then you know something is wrong

:) Cheers

planning a wedding and planning a vacation are 2 very different things so although you will get some information it might not be that relevent to what you are doing.

we actually have great star reviews on this forum that cover wedding location, wedding department communication, wedding costs etc.

here is the link: 

Destination Weddings in Cancun - Riviera Maya Reviews

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
          • 284 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

Read reviews from past brides and make a list of the things that are important to you.  Resort size/amenites, beach quality, price, wedding locations(ceremony/reception), how many weddings the resort has/day and communication with WC or resort staff were my main concerns.  I ended up choosing a sister resort to Azul, El Dorado Royale, mostly b/c of their Gourmet All-Inclusive(24 free room service really won over my FI!) and great wedding packages and options.  Figure out what you need and want and you'll be able to make a decision in no time.  Good Luck!

#7 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

If you want to talk to either there are some great Threads on here for both resorts. I am getting married at Azul Sensatori in May

Here is the Thread http://www.bestdesti...70#post_1529567 

There are still a ton of past brides that hang out on our thread that can give you advice!

Good luck and no matter what you will pick the right one!

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#8 Maritza919

Maritza919
              • 421 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

Definitely hard to make that decisions. Dreams riviera cancun is actually one of the places I am going to visit when I go to check out locations next month. Can't wait to get on the beach and away from this snow! Happy planning!

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

Making a decision about the resort was the toughest decision we had to make!  It took quite some time to decide.  Hope you can come to a decision!

#10 kimbos

kimbos
                • 150 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Congrats! All Dreams resorts are nice. I was looking at Dreams Cancun and all the photos I saw from there were awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users