Photo

Future Jamaican Brides 2011!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 JRsFutureBride

JRsFutureBride
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hey ladies! I just booked my wedding for July 26, 2011 at Couples Swept Away at 3 pm!!! I am so excited. I went back and forth for so long on the time to have the ceremony bc of the rain. I finally decided to just chance it and go with what I wanted....

Any other future Jamaican Brides........?????

#2 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
    • 521 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

Congratulations & welcome to the forum! I'll be getting married at Rockhouse April 30th! You'll find so much info on this forum.

#3 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Congrats and happy planning!!!!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
        ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#4 Tia529

Tia529
        • 76 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hi!  Congrats!

I'm a newly engaged, future Jamaican bride, too!

I'm getting married July 2012, and I also decided to go with a 3 pm ceremony.  I was nervous about it at first, too, but I figured there's no way to be sure it won't rain.

#5 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
          • 305 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

congrats! i am getting married at Sunset Beach in MoBay on April 19th!

#6 Mrs. LowUFO

Mrs. LowUFO
            • 110 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

Congrats!! We are getting married at Couples Swept Away on May 17th, 2011 at 11am!

#7 LaraJo

LaraJo
              • 159 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

Hi Girls - Congrats to everyone! We're getting married at Moon Dance Villas on July 23, 2011. We're having a sunset ceremony, I think around 5pm. Happy planning!

#8 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                • 349 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hey Ladies! I'm getting married at the Iberostar Grand 12-3-11. My FI are looking to move to another resort in either Negril or Ochios Rios for our honeymoon so far we've been looking into Sandals...any ideas?

#9 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
                  • 305 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be 

Hey Ladies! I'm getting married at the Iberostar Grand 12-3-11. My FI are looking to move to another resort in either Negril or Ochios Rios for our honeymoon so far we've been looking into Sandals...any ideas?

i am going to Negril for our honeymoon too!  we decided on Couples Negril. i couldn't find much difference between than and Couples Swept Away and the price was better!

#10 weddingaway

weddingaway
                    • 196 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Congrats!  We will be getting married in Jamaica in December 2011 but are still nailing down the resort.

DeAngelis - I would definitely recommend the Couple Resorts for a honeymoon.  We have only been to Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios but it was amazing...by far the best resort ever, and I am saying that when we were rained out for half of it!  We are considering Swept Away but it is pricier and San Souci was mind-blowing. I looked at Sandals but I didn't like how big they are bc you just turn into another number.  Couples resorts are pretty small (less than 300 rooms) so you tend to see the same other guests so you make friends easily and we aren't super-social by nature.  But better than that is the food.  Most AIs struggle to provide good food but Couples is really good.  And the staff is really great overall.  Yes, there were a few that weren't friendly all the time but that was 2 or 3 people out of 100.  I also like that they have floats to use in the pool or in the ocean water. 

Just look closely, because they aren't all the same.  Like only 1 or 2 resorts offer room service, and not all of the rooms have TVs or minibar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users