Photo

Mom bailed...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NikkiT1021

NikkiT1021
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

So my mother who has been unsupportive of our DW from the beginning has bailed on coming wedding dress shopping with me tomorrow. I'm so disappointed and heart broken. This is such a huge day in my life and her excuse is "my ear hurts". If she didn't want to come in the first place, she should have just said it instead of finding any excuse! Luckily i have great friends who will be there but it is still going to feel like something is missing :(

#2 mmcst38

mmcst38
    • 237 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that, don't let her ruin your day and have fun!

May 13, 2011
      Riu Resort
      Ochos Rios Jamaica

#3 islandbride8

islandbride8
      • 315 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Oh my... My heart aches for you.  Hold your head high girl

#4 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
        • 286 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

I know this is easier said than done, but ....you have to let it go.

Don't let anything or anyone rain on your parade.

She will come around, I'm sure.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

#5 msredd3129

msredd3129
          • 123 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Try and not let it get to you too much. I feel your pain..my mother has been shady re: my wedding also..and I am her one and only child. I saw this saying once...our friends are family that we choose for ourselves, and it could not be more true. We can't choose our family members....Be thankful for the great, caring friends you do have and try to enjoy the experience anyway!

#6 sascolo

sascolo
            • 184 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:16 AM

I'm so sorry! I don't know why parents are so weird. Do you watch Bridezillas or my big friggin wedding? There is always mom drama. It can be heart breaking.

#7 sascolo

sascolo
              • 184 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

Oops hit submit too soon. I was just going to add that the advice and support here is good. This is your wedding and you don't need anyone but your fiancĀ©. People can be flaky but make this special and about you and focus on those who are there for you. Ignore the others!

#8 Kristibear

Kristibear
                • 63 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

I am sorry to hear that.  My mom lives in another state, so she won't be part of the planning process, but to be honest, she probably would've bailed too.  I keep her up to date with pictures and request her opinion on decisions.  You could show her pics of your top three dresses, I'm sure she will feel a sting in her heart to know she couldn't be there to see you in person.

#9 hamme

hamme
                  • 194 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

My friend who just got married had the same situation happen with her mom. We just gave her so much love and attention. Her mom is very unhappy in general and let her weight be a factor for not being involved in anyone's life. On the wedding day I could see in her mom's eyes that she was disappointed she wasn't as involved as she should have been.

Moral of the story: She is an adult and she will choose to be involved or not to be. Unfortunately all you can do is tell her how hurt you are by her actions and then move on. Surround yourself with people who care for you and will support you.

We are here for you girlie!!! I'm so sorry you have to go through this!

#10 merrylee

merrylee
                    • 687 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

I am so sorry to hear that and I know it's not easy to let it disappoint you, but she'll end up feeling worse about it than you will.

You will have an amazing experience with your friends, and you'll be so glad they were there too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users