Photo

Should I send invitations to.....

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 royfa

royfa
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

I was wondering if I should send invitations to the people (familly members)who already says that they are not coming because this & that...

I know my grandmother won't come but I don't want to be rude and don't send her invitations.... I'm sure she will say something if she don't receive anything! Either way, she will have something to say

I don't really know what to do!
    Fannie & Pierre

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

I would send out invites to everyone, even if you already know they can't attend. Some people (even more so grandparents) may want to keep the invite as a memory.

#3 royfa

royfa
      • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TammyB
        I would send out invites to everyone, even if you already know they can't attend. Some people (even more so grandparents) may want to keep the invite as a memory.
        I think I'll do that. I've been thinking of giving her OOT bags even if she's not coming!
        Fannie & Pierre

#4 PVBride

PVBride
        • 443 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:39 AM

I was wondering this same thing...

We have about 25 relatives NOT coming, and it is so hard to swallow spending that much money on invites for all of them!

#5 PaulaV

PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

Yes, I would send them invitations.

#6 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
            • 1,798 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

We are going to do something but not the invite. To me it would be redundant to send an invite to something that you have already told the host you can't attend. We are thinking of sending out announcement that will be on the same paper just not with all the extra info. You could also send out the invite with a rsvp card saying we are sorry we won't be seeing you in___ and you will be with us in thought . but something fancier than that.

#7 cessyboston

cessyboston
              • VIP Member
              • 2,096 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

i agree i think it is still nice...because some people still want to feel a part of your day even thought they may not be able to go....
                Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

Oops...I didn't. I sent everyone STD's saying to rsvp online, and explained that those who replied with a yes/most likely will attend would receive formal invitations a few months later. I only sent them to those people, it did save me over $200 in invites that I would have sent to people who either didn't reply or flat out said no early in the process.

I did send one to my grandmother who lives out of the country as a courtesy, knowing she wouldn't travel so far. You could always send them to a few special people you don't want to exlude, but not to every person who says no.

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

i sent them to everyone even if i knew they couldn't attend. mainly just because i wanted them to get the official invite, but also because they might change their mind (and a couple did!)

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

I plan to send them to everyone I sent STDs, even if I know they're not coming. I feel that some would be offended (mostly older aunts, parent's friends, etc) if they didn't get one. Also, people may want to have it as a keepsake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users