Photo

What to do with your engagement ring during the ceremony

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

Love love love thee quote for the ering... tought wearing it on the right (what most people do) and move it after... but may add the quote :)

#22 kad1010

kad1010
    • 104 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

This is all I plan on doing as well.

Originally Posted by Erika J 

I just wore my ering like normal, and had the wedding band be put on over it, and as soon as the ceremony was over, I just flipped them around. Easy Peasy. No aditional quote from officiant needed.

#23 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

Now I am torn, originally I was going to do the whole right hand thing but now I want to incorporate that line to our ceremony!!! Thanks for sharing :)

#24 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
        • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

I love that!!!! my problem is that, i will be having 2 wedding bands...one that will go under the Ering and one that goes over the Ering.... i think this will still work, just a little more for FI to do lol

I will be doing the same for FI. As he also has a ring on his ring finger (kinda like an Ering)...this i gave him when he popped the Q silly i know, but hes been wearing it ever since lol

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

I will also have my engagement ring on my right hand until after the wedding band is in place.  There is wording that the officiant can say such that your fiance/husband places the wedding band and then moves the engagement ring as part of the ceremony.  Here is a quote from the "Share your ceremony script" thread:

"The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled. GROOM, please place the engagement ring on BRIDE’s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage."

I absolutely love this wording and will be adding it to my ceremony.

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#25 Jessamaka

Jessamaka
          • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

When I was MOH for my sister, I kept her ring in my clutch during the ceremony, then afterwards she put it back on over top of the band. I plan on doing the same in reverse, giving my sister my ring during my cermony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users