Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Avens

January 2012 Brides!

Recommended Posts

So today is the last day of January, and it makes me kind of sad!  That means no more January 2012 weddings after today!  I guess that means we all should be married now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

 

So today is the last day of January, and it makes me kind of sad!  That means no more January 2012 weddings after today!  I guess that means we all should be married now!

 

I have been feeling kinda sad since our day was over...all that planning and anticipation, and now its done...part happy, part sad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the feeling.  I think I'm suffering from a little bit of post nuptial depression.  I spent over a year planning and anticipating the wedding and trip to Jamaica, and just like that its over and done, no more planning to do and no more vacation to look forward to.

 

Originally Posted by mrssemenuksoon View Post



I have been feeling kinda sad since our day was over...all that planning and anticipation, and now its done...part happy, part sad...



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friends have all mentioned this to.  I think we need to plan another trip so we have something to look forward too!
 

Originally Posted by JayKay View Post

I know the feeling.  I think I'm suffering from a little bit of post nuptial depression.  I spent over a year planning and anticipating the wedding and trip to Jamaica, and just like that its over and done, no more planning to do and no more vacation to look forward to.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies,

 

I know a couple of you are from Alberta - and I'm wondering if you are changing your name - what what steps you have to start with to do it?

 

In general - are any of you changing your name?  Initially I wasn't, and hubby was cool.  Now that we're "officially" married, I get the feeling he really wants me to.  I like his last name, and it wasn't ever out of the question, moreso for convenience that I wouldn't change it, and I really like my name.  It reflects my heritage, and I just like it. :)

 

For professional purposes, I would like to stay Jaimee "Smith", but legally be Jaimee "Jones".  Has anyone ever thought of making their maiden name a middle name? 

 

So my new name would be Jaimee Anne Smith Jones. For all intents and purposes I would be Jaimee Jones legally, but then Smith is still a part of my name.  (PS. I made up middle and last names)

 

What are your thoughts January ladies? What are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Our MC and his fiancee are getting married over the Christmas holidays next year in the Dominican. We've already put down our deposit. Some of the same people are going from our wedding, so it will be another good time I think! I'm looking forward to ATTENDING a DW, instead of running around meeting with people, making sure I spend time with everyone. I think everyone needs to start thinking about planning a nice honeymoon. We all need something to look forward to!
 

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

My friends have all mentioned this to.  I think we need to plan another trip so we have something to look forward too!
 



 



 

It's very easy to change your name in Ontario. I can't imagine it's much different in Alta. I'm changing my last name. I'm a teacher, and it's becoming "official" next week for the start of semester 2. It's going to be weird hearing a different name. It will take some getting used to! I like the idea of combining your maiden name with your new name!

 

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

Hey Ladies,

 

I know a couple of you are from Alberta - and I'm wondering if you are changing your name - what what steps you have to start with to do it?

 

In general - are any of you changing your name?  Initially I wasn't, and hubby was cool.  Now that we're "officially" married, I get the feeling he really wants me to.  I like his last name, and it wasn't ever out of the question, moreso for convenience that I wouldn't change it, and I really like my name.  It reflects my heritage, and I just like it. :)

 

For professional purposes, I would like to stay Jaimee "Smith", but legally be Jaimee "Jones".  Has anyone ever thought of making their maiden name a middle name? 

 

So my new name would be Jaimee Anne Smith Jones. For all intents and purposes I would be Jaimee Jones legally, but then Smith is still a part of my name.  (PS. I made up middle and last names)

 

What are your thoughts January ladies? What are you doing?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

 

 

It's very easy to change your name in Ontario. I can't imagine it's much different in Alta. I'm changing my last name. I'm a teacher, and it's becoming "official" next week for the start of semester 2. It's going to be weird hearing a different name. It will take some getting used to! I like the idea of combining your maiden name with your new name!

 

I don't know about the other provinces, but in Ontario, you have to wait for three months before changing you name "legally"...boo to that I say...I have begun using my new last name for everything else. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard of people using their maiden names for middle names.  I think as long as you have documentation (ie marriage certificate) you can change your name to whatever as long as it makes sense and not some random name you picked out of the air.  There's also always the option of having a hyphenated last name.

 

Originally Posted by Avens View Post

Hey Ladies,

 

I know a couple of you are from Alberta - and I'm wondering if you are changing your name - what what steps you have to start with to do it?

 

In general - are any of you changing your name?  Initially I wasn't, and hubby was cool.  Now that we're "officially" married, I get the feeling he really wants me to.  I like his last name, and it wasn't ever out of the question, moreso for convenience that I wouldn't change it, and I really like my name.  It reflects my heritage, and I just like it. :)

 

For professional purposes, I would like to stay Jaimee "Smith", but legally be Jaimee "Jones".  Has anyone ever thought of making their maiden name a middle name? 

 

So my new name would be Jaimee Anne Smith Jones. For all intents and purposes I would be Jaimee Jones legally, but then Smith is still a part of my name.  (PS. I made up middle and last names)

 

What are your thoughts January ladies? What are you doing?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×