Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by SFedEsq View Post

 

A question for you 2012 brides. I am an April 2013 bride with a rather large wedding (130-140 guests). I was wondering if any of you have a guest list of this size and, if so, what your price quotes are thus far for the all important wedding cake. I am trying to get a budget together and want to have at least an idea of how much I might expect to spend in this area. 

 

A second question - Flowers. Are any of you going through Moon Palace for your flowers? If so, how much did this run? The website outlines prices for bridal bouquets and MOH bouquets, but what about something for bridesmaids, flower girls, etc... 

 

Thanks!

 

x

 

The cake for a 3 tier starts at $230..it wasn't worth for me to upgrade to that with only having 30 people. As for flowers, I am using Marvin from Maya Floral. His prices were a percentage of MP. MP's bridal bouquet starts at $154, table arrangements start at $95, boutonaires $32..If you haven't received the Colin Cowie packet of info, let me know I'll forward it to you! Marvin is charging me $85 for each centerpiece, $20 for boutonairs and $60 for my bridal parties bouquets. I wanted a bouquet full of lillies so he's charging me $160..any other questions let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your responses. I am now working on a information brochure to send out to everyone. The only thing that I am unsure of is the actual directions on how to have my quests reserve rooms right through the site using my wedding number. I am waiting to hear from my TA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ~

 

I am deciding whether to use the florist at the Moon Palace or use a vendor.  Is it a pain to use a vendor?  Do you know if the Moon Palace charges extra for the setup or do you need to buy a day pass for the florist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by angel3379 View Post

 

Hi ~

 

I am deciding whether to use the florist at the Moon Palace or use a vendor.  Is it a pain to use a vendor?  Do you know if the Moon Palace charges extra for the setup or do you need to buy a day pass for the florist?

 

 

I'm personally using Marvin..and as of right now there is no outside fee bc I didn't tell MP about using him just told them I don't need their flowers. And from what I read from other brides..Marvin just says he has a delivery and gets away without having to pay the fee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

 

 

 

I'm personally using Marvin..and as of right now there is no outside fee bc I didn't tell MP about using him just told them I don't need their flowers. And from what I read from other brides..Marvin just says he has a delivery and gets away without having to pay the fee

Who is Marvin? Do you have contact info? I was just looking into getting outside flowers due to high cost at resort. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who is Marvin? Do you have contact info? I was just looking into getting outside flowers due to high cost at resort. Thank you!
Im using Marvin at maya floral also, his prices are half of what the resort charges and he has been extremely helpful, even after I changed my mind 2 1/2 months before our wedding. He will do bouquets, boutinerres, centerpieces etc... All I did was tell him my wedding colors and sent a few examples of what I wanted and he sends back pictures of what he creates. His contact info is marvin@mayafloral.com. When you email him make sure you put "WEDDING floral services" in your subject title. I know some brides on here have had issues with him getting back to them, I have not had any problems at all with him responding to emails, in fact he has been very prompt and has even emailed me as late as 9:30-10:00. All he asked upon order confirmation was for a $100 deposit that you pay via PayPal and you pay the rest once he delivers your flowers. You wont be charged a vendor fee because he will deliver the flowers to the resort lobby and you can have someone meet him there to pick them up. Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Mca1116 View Post

 

 

Im using Marvin at maya floral also, his prices are half of what the resort charges and he has been extremely helpful, even after I changed my mind 2 1/2 months before our wedding. He will do bouquets, boutinerres, centerpieces etc... All I did was tell him my wedding colors and sent a few examples of what I wanted and he sends back pictures of what he creates. His contact info is marvin@mayafloral.com. When you email him make sure you put "WEDDING floral services" in your subject title. I know some brides on here have had issues with him getting back to them, I have not had any problems at all with him responding to emails, in fact he has been very prompt and has even emailed me as late as 9:30-10:00. All he asked upon order confirmation was for a $100 deposit that you pay via PayPal and you pay the rest once he delivers your flowers. You wont be charged a vendor fee because he will deliver the flowers to the resort lobby and you can have someone meet him there to pick them up. Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

 

 

He had me pay a $200 deposit, I am guessing this might be due to the amount of flowers?

 

He was very good at getting in touch with me as well, every once in awhile I have to resend and email but I'm sure it's because he's so busy with all hotel weddings not just Moon Palace.  The only worry I have so far is that the samples he's sent back to me are  nothing I have sent him.  I hope he will get this right before the wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still having issues with my coordinator.  I sent my checklist over 3 weeks ago and have not heard a response.  I'm 40 days out and can't even print menus, schedules, programs, etc. because I'm still waiting to hear back sad.gif

 

Even a response saying it's being worked on would be nice.  I hate that my coordinator are making this process absolutely awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and I hate that I can't edit my responses after I post on here.  Half of the time i'm so upset typing that my wording is completely off! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi all, FYI. Front Row Insurance just launched this free eBook resource you might find useful: Wedding Insurance 101 & How to Protect Your Wedding Investments Regards, - Grant
    • i was 100% happy with my cake! it was the most amazing cake and when i travel down again i will be requesting a smaller size cake than the one she made me for my 25th anniversary renewal.  I did everything by FB messanger and Paypal! she is on point with her cakes and running her business! I give her 5 Stars and then some! Thank you for making my day amazing!
    • Hey. Well, I would say that for a honeymoon, Florida is not a particularly good option. My preference in such cases is the paradise islands where you can actually to be alone. If I chose where to fly, my recommendations about choice were Seychelles. Just look at the reviews of these islands, and you will immediately fall in love with them. Also, there are only great hotels such as (https://savoy.sc/blog/honeymoon-in-seychelles/) and many others. My wife and I visit this country every year and try to combine different hotels, and this one is very worthy.
    • I purchased a suit from Studio Suits in spring 2019.  I looked around everywhere because I was looking for a specific color which wasn't easy to find, so when I found it on their website I read all the info on their website where they claim to deliver high quality suits, premium material, great tailoring, etc. It couldn't be more false. First of all the company is from INDIA and you won't find out until you receive the package. You order from Stu Suits and receive the package from Harry Suits. I received a suit that was at least two sizes bigger, the shoulders where different one from another, the hamming on the ankles was visible and poorly done.The quality of the fabric was extremely mediocre. The lining looked and felt cheap, no attention to details and no mention anywhere of the kind of material.  When I placed the order I did not receive any welcoming email, but simply one stating my measurements were  not correct and I needed to pay for a trial suit 99$. I re took the measurements and confirmed them. They simply replied saying "all sales are final". When I placed the order they said it would take them 6 weeks to deliver the "custom made suit". I received it within ten days, why? because it wasn't custom at all. I can't stress enough how bad the quality of their product and service is. There are so many other services that can deliver so much better quality for less than what this con company asks for. Hope this can help you folks
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...