Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#781 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

AMalloryD,

I would suggest calling them!  That's what I did, in the beginning of the year as I wanted to make sure that we received the day and time that we wanted.  At that time Lauren had sent an email with a few forms that I had to fill out and fax back.  From then, our date was approved!

Good luck to you

Originally Posted by AMalloryD 

Hi Ladies!  Did anyone have trouble reserving their date for the Moon Palace online?  I tried a few times and haven't heard back.  The e-mail address they gave me to contact their coordinator didn't work either.  Thank you in advance for any tips!

#782 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

Welcome to all the new MP Brides.  So excited to have you here.  I am coming up on 9 months to go!  I can't believe it.  I look forward to sharing in all your excitement :)  Congrats and happy planning

#783 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
      • Site Supporter
      • 201 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

I finally called them today to see what was going on with our request. She said that our date and time were set but they were waiting on the judge to confirm. So I would suggest you calling them. Hopefully you hear something soon!!

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#784 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

I finally called them today to see what was going on with our request. She said that our date and time were set but they were waiting on the judge to confirm. So I would suggest you calling them. Hopefully you hear something soon!!

#785 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
          • Site Supporter
          • 201 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

Does anyone have rates for June from MP? I got our quote from the TA this week with a rate of $179. I haven't heard from the resort yet so I was just trying to see if they were cheaper or if we just needed to stick with the TA. Thanks in advance!!

June 9, 2012

#786 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
            • 324 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Is $179 per person or per room?

Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b 

Does anyone have rates for June from MP? I got our quote from the TA this week with a rate of $179. I haven't heard from the resort yet so I was just trying to see if they were cheaper or if we just needed to stick with the TA. Thanks in advance!!

#787 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
              • Site Supporter
              • 201 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Yes.......

For a Superior Deluxe Garden View:

$179 per person based on double occupancy
                $322 per night single

$172 per night triple occupancy

$160 per person for a quad

This is a "Early Bird" booking period and we have to secure it by July 15 for these rates.

And right before I opened the email from the board I got the rate quote from the resort with our contract. Janina listed the rates with the 10% promotion as.......

For a Deluxe Resort View:

$179 per double/per night

$318 per night/single

$167 per night/triple

$161 per night/quad

So I was able to answer my own question. Ha! Both the TA and the resort listed several room types if any of you are interested just let me know.

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

Is $179 per person or per room?

June 9, 2012

#788 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Well after careful consideration of all that we are doing for the wedding etc.. I have decided that we can not afford to take my make-up artist to Cancun. The financial trade-off is heavily off balance and while I love her work I can't begin to justify the price.  So with heavy research and many conversations back and forth we(MOH and BM) have chosen Norma Perez to provide our make-up for the day of the wedding.  She will also provide my TTD make-up as well. 

Awwww  life is good.  Have a great weeked ladies.

#789 krsmith

krsmith
                  • 528 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

Well now that it is July and we are only about 7 months away, I am working on invites! After many hours of trying to design my own Boarding Pass invites, and getting completely fed up with my results and progress, I decided to just go with Rebecca from Allurements by Rebecca for our invites. She was so awesome to work with on our monograms, and I know she will do a great job on our invites. We decided to go with a Passport Invite and have a boarding pass postcard as our RSVP. I love that she also offers a DIY discount! I was worried about spending so much on invites, but with 25% off for cutting and assembling myself, it doesn't seem too bad! 

Other than that, I haven't done much of anything! I feel so terrible, but the things I want to start working on are things I need to have an idea of the number of people that are coming and of course people SUCK at committing one way or another! For now I have just been browsing Etsy and seeing whats out there and getting ideas of things I want to bring (which is hopefully not much as I want to keep it simple). 

Has anyone been compiling a list of questions to email your WC? I've been trying to do that so I can get all of them answered at once, but I feel like I am missing things!

#790 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
                    • 789 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

Hey krsmith! 

I understand the frustration of getting people to commit. We went through it when we planned our wedding last year in Riviera Maya. The best part is for all the people that do come, they end up raving about it for years to come! Take a deep breath and don't worry...it'll turn out better than you expected!

I saw you mentioned that you were browsing Etsy. If you need any barefoot jewels, hair accessories or other jewelry...please feel free to check out my site!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Well now that it is July and we are only about 7 months away, I am working on invites! After many hours of trying to design my own Boarding Pass invites, and getting completely fed up with my results and progress, I decided to just go with Rebecca from Allurements by Rebecca for our invites. She was so awesome to work with on our monograms, and I know she will do a great job on our invites. We decided to go with a Passport Invite and have a boarding pass postcard as our RSVP. I love that she also offers a DIY discount! I was worried about spending so much on invites, but with 25% off for cutting and assembling myself, it doesn't seem too bad! 

Other than that, I haven't done much of anything! I feel so terrible, but the things I want to start working on are things I need to have an idea of the number of people that are coming and of course people SUCK at committing one way or another! For now I have just been browsing Etsy and seeing whats out there and getting ideas of things I want to bring (which is hopefully not much as I want to keep it simple). 

Has anyone been compiling a list of questions to email your WC? I've been trying to do that so I can get all of them answered at once, but I feel like I am missing things!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users