Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#6411 shan0487

shan0487
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I am not 100% certain as I reached the 75 nights, but yes I do believe the $300 a table only applies to those who do not get the free reception. 

Originally Posted by JeanaBeena 

 

Thank you so much! That is much clearer. Just to make sure, do you know if this applies even to the Cowie weddings? I guess I'm confused as to WHEN someone would pay the $300/table charge that is shown with the collections. I suppose it is only for people who don't make the 75 nights and have to pay for the reception dinner?



#6412 shan0487

shan0487
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Book with a TA- a lot less headache than booking directly with the resort (this website is run by a TA so if you don't have a TA in mind- send them an email!)  The TA should be able to get you a better group rate and you will benefit with the group perks as long as your TA is aware of these benefits and your guests book through your TA! :)

 

My wedding was Nov 2012 and it think we paid about $175/ night per person for double occupany. 

Originally Posted by JeanaBeena 

Curious how everyone chose to handle the group bookings for their travel. Did you just go through the hotel directly and sign their group contract?

 

I was originally going to do so, but the group rate they gave me is pretty ridiculous. This is what I was given for November 2013 (SLOW season)

 

 

 

All Inclusive

 

AUG 25/13 - DEC 23/13

 

Room Type

SGL

DBL

TPL

QUA

5th.

6th.

CHL

Superior Deluxe - Garden View

343

191

178

172

 

 

61

Superior Deluxe - Ocean View

365

202

189

183

 

 

61

 

 

According to this, a room with 2 adults would be $382. On expedia, you can get the same room for $350. Also, if you book direct, by the chart above, 4 adults in a room would cost $688 where on Expedia - it's still just $350. Everywhere else charges PER ROOM, not per person.

 

I hate to ask people to pay more money to go thru the hotel directly, but with a planned guest attendance of 100+, I need to make sure I earn the 75 room night benefits, and still allow everyone to get their resort credits, etc.

 

So can I use a travel agent instead and are their rates more in line with Expedia/cheap caribbean? Are you still able to earn the function benefits/upgrades? Has anyone tried asking for a better group rate direct from the hotel?



#6413 taralouise

taralouise
  • Newbie
  • 19 posts

    Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

    Hello ladies,does any of the brides already married at moon palace have any pictures of their flowers that were done by the hotel and not an outside vendor?their bouquet and boutonni¨re?thanks Tara x

    #6414 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

    I replied to you in the MP 2013 thread! :)

    Originally Posted by taralouise 

    Hello ladies,does any of the brides already married at moon palace have any pictures of their flowers that were done by the hotel and not an outside vendor?their bouquet and boutonni¨re?thanks Tara x


    #6415 LSW002

    LSW002
    • Newbie
    • 10 posts

      Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

      Has anyone stayed in or have a bit more information about the Junior Golf Suites at MP? My fiance and I are thinking about staying in one since we would get a free golf cart to use around the resort for our stay and the suites are the same price as a Superior Deluxe Garden View, so why not! I'm really just looking for more info about where the Junior Golf Suites are in the resort. Are they only in one section or are they scattered around?



      #6416 shan0487

      shan0487
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

      Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

      They are located in the golf section which is very secluded and not near the Grand, Nizuc and Sunrise sections on the beach.  They have to give you a golf cart cause it would be probably a 45 walk anywhere lol. 

       

      Check out a map of the resort- you should be able to get an idea of how secluded that area is!

       

      We just booked our 1 year anniversary trip for this November in the grand section! We stayed in Nizuc for our wedding but wanted to try the Grand as it was quieter and nicer in my opinion! :)

      Originally Posted by LSW002 

      Has anyone stayed in or have a bit more information about the Junior Golf Suites at MP? My fiance and I are thinking about staying in one since we would get a free golf cart to use around the resort for our stay and the suites are the same price as a Superior Deluxe Garden View, so why not! I'm really just looking for more info about where the Junior Golf Suites are in the resort. Are they only in one section or are they scattered around?



      #6417 LSW002

      LSW002
      • Newbie
      • 10 posts

        Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

        Ok, thank you for the info!

         

        Originally Posted by shan0487 

        They are located in the golf section which is very secluded and not near the Grand, Nizuc and Sunrise sections on the beach.  They have to give you a golf cart cause it would be probably a 45 walk anywhere lol. 

         

        Check out a map of the resort- you should be able to get an idea of how secluded that area is!

         

        We just booked our 1 year anniversary trip for this November in the grand section! We stayed in Nizuc for our wedding but wanted to try the Grand as it was quieter and nicer in my opinion! :)



        #6418 jenvens7

        jenvens7
        • Newbie
        • 51 posts

          Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

          Originally Posted by shan0487 

          Book with a TA- a lot less headache than booking directly with the resort (this website is run by a TA so if you don't have a TA in mind- send them an email!)  The TA should be able to get you a better group rate and you will benefit with the group perks as long as your TA is aware of these benefits and your guests book through your TA! :)

           

          My wedding was Nov 2012 and it think we paid about $175/ night per person for double occupany. 

          We are going through the exact same thing right now. We have our wedding and our room block already booked and should have about 10-15 rooms total...we were given prices and they honored the kids stay free thing already, but now I went to the MP website and they are offering 35% off, then I checked Expedia and the prices are almost HALF of what we were quoted! That's ridiculous!  I printed out the prices and e-mailed it over to my TA. I'm hopeful that she'll be able to fight with the MP to honor those prices! I don't think it's fair that they give you a certain price because they know you are having a wedding there and then everyone else can go for almost HALF OFF! Sorry, I have to vent! We've already pre-paid 2 of the rooms for 7 nights, which means that the difference could go to our flights! I'm hoping that she can honor the pricing for us and the rest of our guests...has anyone else had to deal with this?! Did you have a good outcome?! I'll keep you guys posted on what she is able to do for us and keep your eyes on the prices ladies! There's no need to overpay! 



          #6419 AmayaMeister2Be

          AmayaMeister2Be
          • Newbie
          • 31 posts

            Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

            Hi ladies, this is probably random information I found but hopefully you will find it useful or just entertaining. While I'm not happy with the predicted forecast for our stay at moon palace next week (through the United States weather system); I decided to look at a European weather website for next weeks weather...... I hear their weather system is more accurate than ours (they have predicted tornadoes and hurricanes that our weather forecasting system never picked up) anyhow the one I came across has webcams set up alllll over the world and you can see live video feed of the day. There are 2 set up in cancun and both are at palace resorts- one at beach palace and the other at playacar palace. I've been staring at the beach palace one alllllll day. The water looks beautiful! It made me even more excited. Anyhooo hope this helps in someway, if nothing more stare at the live feed and day dream away!!!! http://www.wundergro...co/15/show.html
            76 room nights booked!!! 35 guests.

            #6420 KristieT

            KristieT
            • Jr. Member
            • 430 posts

              Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

              Hi Brides!

               

              I am a Beach Palace Past Bride and plan to use my "anniversary package (3 nights free) at Moon Palace.

              I know this is a huge resort- I was wondering if anyone has suggestions of which part of the hotel to book our room in.

              Is one area more modern? closer to beach, pool, restaurants etc? any advice is appreciated!

               

              Thanks!

              K






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users