6467 replies to this topic

#5821 Laura1220

Laura1220
  • Site Supporter
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by airica26 

Hi Ladies, 

I am looking into booking my DJ. PSAV or JSAV. Anyone have any comments or recommendations? JSAV is about $200 more expensive for the exact same thing and I am wondering if they are a better choice for any reason.

Also, how far ahead did everyone book their DJ and audio?

Do you have an email for PSAV?  I sent them and JSAV an inquiry and only JSAV got back to me.  I want to compare their rates.  The JSAV quote mainly explained the equipment they will provide and hardly anything about the DJ services except that there is one.  Does anyone know what the DJ Services included?  Do they provide any props, lighting, etc?  Do we need to provide them with a CD or IPOD to play?

Thanks!

#5822 Laura1220

Laura1220
    • Site Supporter
    • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by mwells 

You know I booked the wedding in December, and I have no clue what my contract stated...I recently was told by my coordinator that the private events were 3 hours and the extra hour fees were $60 or $80 per table (can't remember off hand) per hour.  I just assumed that's what my contract stated but now I'm definitely going to go back and read it!!!

My coordinator said the private events were 2 hours plus the add'l cost per table each hour is $60.  Unlimited for the wedding day would include a 1 hour cocktail and a 2 hour reception.

#5823 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Which is correct if you booked after March 1st- prior to that everything was unlimited hours- full reception(3-4 hrs depending) and 1 hr cocktail. 

Originally Posted by Laura1220 

My coordinator said the private events were 2 hours plus the add'l cost per table each hour is $60.  Unlimited for the wedding day would include a 1 hour cocktail and a 2 hour reception.

#5824 Laura1220

Laura1220
      • Site Supporter
      • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Which is correct if you booked after March 1st- prior to that everything was unlimited hours- full reception(3-4 hrs depending) and 1 hr cocktail. 

Interesting because I did book prior to march 1!  I booked end of Feb!

#5825 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hmm..maybe the exact date isn't March 1st then, or otherwise they are trying to jip everyone off because we didn't sign a contract.  So annoying!!

Interesting because I did book prior to march 1!  I booked end of Feb!

#5826 Laura1220

Laura1220
        • Site Supporter
        • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by deepdeepblue 

For those of you who were corresponding with Juana Moreira in the Miami office, I sent her something this morning and received this out-of-office reply:

"Thank you very much for your e-mail.  I wanted to let you know that I will be leaving Palace Resorts Weddings as of Tuesday, August 14th, 2012. It has been a pleasure to serve you and be a part of such a special day for you. But don’t worry, I have delivered your entire file to RICARDO ACOSTA and he will be responding to this e-mail directly. There is no need to resend your e-mail, all messages are being automatically sent to him.
          Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to work with you on this special occasion. I know you will have a great experience. Congratulations, and thank you for choosing Palace Resorts."

I received a similar email from Michele Farinas today...

Thank you very much for your e-mail.  I wanted to let you know that I will be leaving Palace Resorts Weddings as of Tuesday, August 14th, 2012. It has been a pleasure to serve you and be a part of such a special day for you. But don’t worry, I have delivered your entire file to Brenda Carrenobcarreno@palaceresorts.com<

I guess the MIAMI office is officially closed!

mailto:bcarreno@palaceresorts.com> and she will be responding to this e-mail directly. There is no need to resend your e-mail, all messages are being automatically sent to her.
          Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to work with you on this special occasion. I know you will have a great experience. Congratulations, and thank you for choosing Palace Resorts.

Michelle Farinas

#5827 Speckles121

Speckles121
          • 720 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

About time they closed the Miami offices..its been a long time coming!

#5828 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

At least she told you who your contact person was and that she would be forwarding everything on, my miami contact told my new WC NOTHING!  So I'm basically starting from scratch and arguing!

I received a similar email from Michele Farinas today...

Thank you very much for your e-mail.  I wanted to let you know that I will be leaving Palace Resorts Weddings as of Tuesday, August 14th, 2012. It has been a pleasure to serve you and be a part of such a special day for you. But don’t worry, I have delivered your entire file to Brenda Carrenobcarreno@palaceresorts.com<

I guess the MIAMI office is officially closed!

mailto:bcarreno@palaceresorts.com> and she will be responding to this e-mail directly. There is no need to resend your e-mail, all messages are being automatically sent to her.
            Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to work with you on this special occasion. I know you will have a great experience. Congratulations, and thank you for choosing Palace Resorts.

Michelle Farinas

#5829 CurlyBride

CurlyBride
            • 46 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

I am using JSAV. My friends were married at Aventura Spa Palace 2 years ago and used their services and were super happy with it so we figured we would use them as well, we picked the biggest package so we get everything possible for the reception since we want to party hard!!! They just sent me an email to confirm everything.

#5830 Laura1220

Laura1220
              • Site Supporter
              • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by CurlyBride 

I am using JSAV. My friends were married at Aventura Spa Palace 2 years ago and used their services and were super happy with it so we figured we would use them as well, we picked the biggest package so we get everything possible for the reception since we want to party hard!!! They just sent me an email to confirm everything.

do you know what kind of services the DJ offers?  Does it include lights, props, do they need you to provide the music?  The contract they sent me does not describe any of that, mainly just the equipment provided and a DJ service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users