Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#5631 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
  • Newbie
  • 130 posts

    Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

    Hey thank you so much for the emails. I was able to get in contact with Daniela and she was about to tell me who my new coordinator is and got the ball rolling. Thanks!! Also for Marvin, I found he was really prompt with emails if you submitted a request through his website instead of through a direct email.

    Girls, I got the same checklist and I filled in as much as I could. It took some time but they said that was how I reserved my locations. For about 2 weeks I heard from Clarissa daily, now I think we have everything set she is just waiting for me to pay for my extra crap. carzola@palaceresorts.com she seems great, no complaints! About 35 days out I heard from Danielle docampo@palaceresorts.com she set me up with the check list and gave me contact information for everything. I am struggling to hear back from Marvin at the floral place. I told him what I wanted and on July 6th he said he could do all that, I haven't heard from him since...does he do a contract or something in writting or anyone have a similar experience? I will stop worring then.....



    #5632 shan0487

    shan0487
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

    Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

    Thanks girl!!

     

    And I'm with Cafe- it just depends on when and where you're traveling from.  My wedding is over Thanksgiving so it's more expensive than other times of the year- it will be about $1800 for a week per person. 

    Originally Posted by CafeDelMar21 

    We got his ring at Gordon's jewelry store in MD. It is a plain tungsten ring that we had custom sized because my FI has huge knuckles. We also had he ring thinned out since tungsten is so heavy (but one of the most durable metals). All in all it was under $300.


    #5633 chicksmommy

    chicksmommy
    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

      Originally Posted by CafeDelMar21 

      Hey thank you so much for the emails. I was able to get in contact with Daniela and she was about to tell me who my new coordinator is and got the ball rolling. Thanks!!
      Also for Marvin, I found he was really prompt with emails if you submitted a request through his website instead of through a direct email.

       

      I emailed her early yesterday and never got a response... did you email or call?  I swear it's like my emails to them are going into junk mail!  Arghh!



      #5634 mrsjdh2b

      mrsjdh2b
      • Site Supporter
      • 201 posts

        Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

        Hey ladies and LurkerDan! Sorry I haven't been on in a while but I thought I would check in to see how everyone's planning was going. Seems like we have a lot of new brides on here!! Congrats to you all!!

         

        Shan- I would take at least a couple hundred dollars in small bills. Especially if you are going to tip your wait staff and bartenders or plan on doing any kind of excursions. To be honest a couple of bucks to your bartenders or pool wait staff will get you really great service. But like I said before if you shop in town at the Fiesta Market or other stores they will give you change in pesos. So the more smaller bills you have the less pesos you'll be trying to get rid of at the end of your trip.

         

        We got my husband's ring at www.TungstunWorld.com. AMAZING prices and they have a great return and exchange policy. Lots of different styles to choose from. My husband works with his hands so we wanted something that could withstand a lot of wear and tear so we chose tungston instead of gold. He wears his gold Aggie ring every day and it's really taken a toll over the years so we knew gold wasn't an option.
         

        Moon Palace photographer is Smile Market (for those that have been asking). When I wrote my review I added a few of their pictures along with my thoughts. One thing I will say is if you have specific pictures you want taken make sure you let them know. I failed to do this and I don't have a picture of my husband's face while I was walking down the aisle. I'm very disappointed that I don't have one capturing that.

         

        As far as all the price questions.......we were quoted last summer $176 per person per night for double occupancy. For single occupancy it was over $300. Your best bet is to get a block either through a travel agent or from the resort. My TA told us that usually what the TA quotes is the same as the resort. We found our TA from this website.....Tammy Wright recommended her to us and then we also called a few TA's in our area and we felt more comfortable using VacationsForLess since they knew about the resort/credits and have booked a lot of weddings there.

         

        Good luck to all of you with all the new changes!! I hope that it does make things go smoother not having to deal with the Miami office. I have total faith in the on-site coordinators though so I know all of your wedding days will turn out beautifully. Please feel free to PM me for questions about the vendors we used or if you need prices. I still have all of that stuff saved for now.


        June 9, 2012

        Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

        75 room nights book with TA

        41 guests and still counting!


        #5635 shan0487

        shan0487
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

        Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

        Thanks lady! We will def plan then to have at least a couple hundred $ in small bills and I will check out tungsten world! thanks!!

         

         

        Did you just keep all your money in the safe when you were not in the room or what did you do? 

        Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b 

        Hey ladies and LurkerDan! Sorry I haven't been on in a while but I thought I would check in to see how everyone's planning was going. Seems like we have a lot of new brides on here!! Congrats to you all!!

         

        Shan- I would take at least a couple hundred dollars in small bills. Especially if you are going to tip your wait staff and bartenders or plan on doing any kind of excursions. To be honest a couple of bucks to your bartenders or pool wait staff will get you really great service. But like I said before if you shop in town at the Fiesta Market or other stores they will give you change in pesos. So the more smaller bills you have the less pesos you'll be trying to get rid of at the end of your trip.

         

        We got my husband's ring at www.TungstunWorld.com. AMAZING prices and they have a great return and exchange policy. Lots of different styles to choose from. My husband works with his hands so we wanted something that could withstand a lot of wear and tear so we chose tungston instead of gold. He wears his gold Aggie ring every day and it's really taken a toll over the years so we knew gold wasn't an option.
         

        Moon Palace photographer is Smile Market (for those that have been asking). When I wrote my review I added a few of their pictures along with my thoughts. One thing I will say is if you have specific pictures you want taken make sure you let them know. I failed to do this and I don't have a picture of my husband's face while I was walking down the aisle. I'm very disappointed that I don't have one capturing that.

         

        As far as all the price questions.......we were quoted last summer $176 per person per night for double occupancy. For single occupancy it was over $300. Your best bet is to get a block either through a travel agent or from the resort. My TA told us that usually what the TA quotes is the same as the resort. We found our TA from this website.....Tammy Wright recommended her to us and then we also called a few TA's in our area and we felt more comfortable using VacationsForLess since they knew about the resort/credits and have booked a lot of weddings there.

         

        Good luck to all of you with all the new changes!! I hope that it does make things go smoother not having to deal with the Miami office. I have total faith in the on-site coordinators though so I know all of your wedding days will turn out beautifully. Please feel free to PM me for questions about the vendors we used or if you need prices. I still have all of that stuff saved for now.



        #5636 LurkerDan

        LurkerDan
        • Newbie
        • 61 posts

          Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

          Ok this is a stupid question, but does Moon Palace book only one bride per time slot?  Like I am 10/18/12 at 4pm.. am I the only bride on 10/18/12 at 4pm?  Just wondering how the location bookings go.. like if I want xyz gazebo is there a chance it could be booked, or would all locations be available?  

          I believe only one wedding per time slot. However, that doesn't mean all locations are available for every time slot. For ex., if I get married at Tucan Gazebo at 2pm and have my cocktail hour at Tucan Terrace from 2:45 to 3:45, all Tucan locations would be probably be considered "booked" until at least the 4pm timeslot (or even 5pm).

          #5637 LaurenCieply

          LaurenCieply
          • Newbie
          • 41 posts

            Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

            Thank you so much for this great information . Is the price you gave us including airfare ?

            Hey ladies and LurkerDan! Sorry I haven't been on in a while but I thought I would check in to see how everyone's planning was going. Seems like we have a lot of new brides on here!! Congrats to you all!! Shan- I would take at least a couple hundred dollars in small bills. Especially if you are going to tip your wait staff and bartenders or plan on doing any kind of excursions. To be honest a couple of bucks to your bartenders or pool wait staff will get you really great service. But like I said before if you shop in town at the Fiesta Market or other stores they will give you change in pesos. So the more smaller bills you have the less pesos you'll be trying to get rid of at the end of your trip. We got my husband's ring at www.TungstunWorld.com. AMAZING prices and they have a great return and exchange policy. Lots of different styles to choose from. My husband works with his hands so we wanted something that could withstand a lot of wear and tear so we chose tungston instead of gold. He wears his gold Aggie ring every day and it's really taken a toll over the years so we knew gold wasn't an option.   Moon Palace photographer is Smile Market (for those that have been asking). When I wrote my review I added a few of their pictures along with my thoughts. One thing I will say is if you have specific pictures you want taken make sure you let them know. I failed to do this and I don't have a picture of my husband's face while I was walking down the aisle. I'm very disappointed that I don't have one capturing that. As far as all the price questions.......we were quoted last summer $176 per person per night for double occupancy. For single occupancy it was over $300. Your best bet is to get a block either through a travel agent or from the resort. My TA told us that usually what the TA quotes is the same as the resort. We found our TA from this website.....Tammy Wright recommended her to us and then we also called a few TA's in our area and we felt more comfortable using VacationsForLess since they knew about the resort/credits and have booked a lot of weddings there. Good luck to all of you with all the new changes!! I hope that it does make things go smoother not having to deal with the Miami office. I have total faith in the on-site coordinators though so I know all of your wedding days will turn out beautifully. Please feel free to PM me for questions about the vendors we used or if you need prices. I still have all of that stuff saved for now.



            #5638 LaurenCieply

            LaurenCieply
            • Newbie
            • 41 posts

              Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

              Thank you for the great mrs jdh.. Is that 176 per person include airfare?

              #5639 TammyWright

              TammyWright

                Admin & Owner

              • Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

              Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

              Originally Posted by LaurenCieply 

              Thank you so much for this great information . Is the price you gave us including airfare ?

              Hi Lauren,

               

              Teresa is one of the BDW agents.  If you want rates for your dates, we can def. get them to you really quickly...you can contact us here: http://wrighttravelagency.com/inquiry/


              Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

               
              Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
               
              Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


              #5640 Misskris6

              Misskris6
              • Site Supporter
              • 12 posts

                Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

                Beautiful pics!  Did you have Deco Cancun do the decorations for the ceremony?  I love how that chuppah looks!

                Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

                OUR PRO-PIC SNEAK PEEK IS HERE!!

                 

                I would truly appreciate it if you guys could make a quick comment on the blog post!! Thanks in advance!!

                 

                http://www.taitphoto...-mayan-riviera/






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users