Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4891 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I did book the dolphin swim prior to going. I can give you my contacts name - she was very helpful. (we were also able to pre book golf tee times through her so the men liked this!) I guess if you book the wet and wild and the dolphin swim you can use the transportation but it is only at certain times. We booked huge 12 seater van cabs through the resort and it was pretty reasonable... about 800 pesos each way for 12 people and he waited allll day for us. We tipped him good too!

Just an FYI the pictures at the dolphin swim are outrageous prices so bring lots of $$ if you want to buy them. I just bought one of my son and it was $30US.

#4892 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
    • 324 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

MARIA EUGENIA LIRA ALCOCER
      PALACE RESERVATIONS PLANNER
      CEDIS | KM.21 CARR. CANCUN-PUERTO MORELOS | CANCUN, QUINTANA ROO C.P.77500

( USA & CANADA 1877.797.25.23
      ( MEXICO 01 998 193.19.90 EXT 7708
      ( REST OF THE WORLD 52998-193.19.90 EXT 7708
      * mlira@palaceresorts.com

She was able to help me with pre-booking :)

#4893 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

amazing, thank you! :)

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

MARIA EUGENIA LIRA ALCOCER
      PALACE RESERVATIONS PLANNER
      CEDIS | KM.21 CARR. CANCUN-PUERTO MORELOS | CANCUN, QUINTANA ROO C.P.77500

( USA & CANADA 1877.797.25.23
      ( MEXICO 01 998 193.19.90 EXT 7708
      ( REST OF THE WORLD 52998-193.19.90 EXT 7708
      * mlira@palaceresorts.com

She was able to help me with pre-booking :)

#4894 sophia56

sophia56
      • Site Supporter
      • 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Summer!! I'm so glad things went well!! It sounds like you had an amazing time! Can't wait to see the rest of your photos!

#4895 nsg4729

nsg4729
        • Site Supporter
        • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Smoylan 

This guy is in charge of the activities: Xochitl Esquivel Solis <xesquivel@palaceresorts.com> He has sent me a ton of stuff for activites that are included and a bunch that are not. Its basically what you have on the sheet....I believe if you have booked through a membership there may be a couple more that are included. He sends PDF's so they are easy to print for a welcome packet...

Awesome!  Thanks...I will contact him today.

#4896 nsg4729

nsg4729
          • Site Supporter
          • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Palacebridex2 

Hi NSG, zip lining is no longer offered. I spoke to the department that handles the tour. They no longer work with the company that offered the zip lining. I am so disappointed!

OH no!  That is horrible news...we were definitely looking forward to that.  Sigh!  Thanks for letting me know though.

#4897 nsg4729

nsg4729
            • Site Supporter
            • 83 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Great job on the bags!  I am sure they will be a big hit.  I'm working on my items now and have a lot of the same items.  I just got to find either bug repellant or those wipes.

Originally Posted by kellygirl3118 

Hello ladies,

I know I have been a "silent" partner to you all, but know I have been reading and truly appreciate all of the advice and creative ideas shared! I was packing my OOT bags (less than 3 weeks til we leave!) and thought I would share. I know this was one of my favorite things to research during the planning process and thought others may find it helpful. I am a travel agent and have been to the Moon Palace before, so I had an idea of what to expect. We kept the bags and gifts small, bearing in mind that all of our guests would have to bring these items home and may only have carry on size luggage. We thought of the travel mugs and beach towels, but knowing the hotel provides this we couldn't see our guests actually using them. Please don't be offended if this is something you planned on doing, it was just not something that worked for us and I am sure your bags will be beautiful!

Below is the contents of the bag. We plan to hand deliver them instead of paying $3 each to the bellman. We created a welcome card that thanks our guests, a wedding timeline, map, and contents of bag. Enjoy!

I got these bags for 1.99 each from Christmas Tree Shop last summer! We are giving one per couple and one per single guest.

photo.JPG

These are the contents of the bag:

Suntan lotion and Aloe Vera (bought the travel bottles for $1 for both at the dollar tree, and added suntan lotion and aloe vera for about $.25 each) - these will go in emergency kit once in Mexico

Hugs and Kisses from the Mr. and Mrs. in an organza bag (about $.50 per bag with candy)

Fruit tootsie rolls also in organza bag ($.50 per bag with candy)

Pretzels (about $.50 each)

Cocoa and cinnamon almonds (about $.50 each)

Tissues (about $.25 each)

Colgate wisps ($1/2 pack from dollar tree)

Fan for the girls, hankerchief for the guys (about $1 each)

Propel and Crystal light drink packets (no lemonade in Mexico)!

Starfish wine bottle stopper (about $2.50 each)

Emergency kit (about $5 for contents)

photo (1).JPG

Emergency kit in detail:

Ear plugs

Safety pins

Bandaids

Alcohol wipes

Wet Ones

Insect repellant wipes

After bite wipes

Shout wipes

Chapstick with spf

Advil

Pepto chewable tablets

photo (2).JPG

This is the starfish bottle stopper:

photo (4).JPG

And lastly, on the dinner tables (we are doing the reception dinner - not private event) we will have jordan almonds with a note attached saying we have a special gift waiting at home for them. We plan to take a picture with each couple or single guest and frame it in this beautiful frame from Kohls:

photo (3).JPG

Hope this helps! Please let me know if I can answer any questions. Happy planning and best of luck to everyone!!

#4898 leenancy

leenancy
              • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Good luck! I'm sure it will be fabulous, enjoy!

Originally Posted by FutureRN2011 

Ok ladies, the time has come......I am leaving tomorrow morning to go to MP!!! I am excited and nervous all at the same time!! I never did hear from my on-site coordinator so I will be curious how this plays out upon check-in. I know that my on-site coordinator received all the emails that were sent between Joannis and I to confirm everything so maybe thats why she never contacted me, knowing that its all confirmed between the three of us.

Oh well, I have confidence that MP will make my experience great! I'm sure I will be up all night with excitement! Oh and going to the airport with all my luggage should be interesting......that has been the worst part of this all....trying to jam everything into the luggage without overstuffing the luggage. Oh well, we might need help with all the bags and that was just with me bringing the minimum. I'm sure I will post once we get there to show you all how beautiful it is!!

I'm glad you decided to go through with your shower and bachelorette party. Have fun!

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Hey girls!
                Again miss you and this site! I have 37 days until we get married! Yay! I have my bachelorette party this weekend so that should be fun.
                Hope everyone is doing well!
                xoxo

Great job. Those bags are way cute!

Originally Posted by kellygirl3118 

Hello ladies,

I know I have been a "silent" partner to you all, but know I have been reading and truly appreciate all of the advice and creative ideas shared! I was packing my OOT bags (less than 3 weeks til we leave!) and thought I would share. I know this was one of my favorite things to research during the planning process and thought others may find it helpful. I am a travel agent and have been to the Moon Palace before, so I had an idea of what to expect. We kept the bags and gifts small, bearing in mind that all of our guests would have to bring these items home and may only have carry on size luggage. We thought of the travel mugs and beach towels, but knowing the hotel provides this we couldn't see our guests actually using them. Please don't be offended if this is something you planned on doing, it was just not something that worked for us and I am sure your bags will be beautiful!

Does anyone know is MP allows wishing lanterns on site? 

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

I had terrible communication leading up to the wedding but again will say what I've read so many times before - the ladies at the resort KNOW what they are doing. We had a little rain on our wedding day and ended up moving the reception indoors but it was still the wedding of my dreams. It really was perfect!!! If anyone has any questions please let me know! I will try and do a review shortly!!!

PS Sophia, contact PSAV - I found them way more reasonable than JSAV

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
                2 Guests booked through other services

#4899 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
                • 324 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yes I had my hair done at the salon and they did a great job. I had Silvinia at the golf course salon. She was fabulous with hair and makeup. I don't have many pics as I just got back but I will def get some up this week and I'll try and get a good hair one for you.

Originally Posted by leenancy 

Good luck! I'm sure it will be fabulous, enjoy!

I'm glad you decided to go through with your shower and bachelorette party. Have fun!

Great job. Those bags are way cute!

I really wanted these lanterns as well. But unfortunately, MP doesn't allow them since the resort is so close to the airport.

Welcome back SummerDawn! And congratulations! You look great in the picture, but I can't wait to see more. It looks like you did your hair the way I want to do mine. Did the salon do it and do you have any pictures?

#4900 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm getting my hair done at the golf course salon! Would you recommend Silvinia for me to request her?  Any tips? :)

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

Yes I had my hair done at the salon and they did a great job. I had Silvinia at the golf course salon. She was fabulous with hair and makeup. I don't have many pics as I just got back but I will def get some up this week and I'll try and get a good hair one for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users