Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#3872 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
    • Site Supporter
    • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

love love that idea of getting married at the tree. so sentimental! But girl you gotta be a little stoked about the parties lmao.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b 

Yes it might not hurt for you to see if you can speak with Beatriz. She's really been great!! I have been very fortunate to have Janina, Lily and Beatriz. I was a little worried when Lily left without a single word but Janina assigned Beatriz and she usually responds in less than 24 hours. But I'm not the type of person to email or call constantly either. I usually email her about once a month (if that) with a list of questions. I have the wedding location but that's it we will discuss cocktail hour on Friday. Not sure about reception just yet if we don't get the unlimited events then we will just have the dinner and go to the bar afterwards. My future MIL is planning a huge AHR a few weeks after we get back so we can have the "reception" part then. It's really not a big deal to me.

For me the big deal is the exchange of the vows in Texas before we leave. My FI and I are going to get married here the weekend before we leave. It's going to just be the 2 of us, our kids and a family friend who will actually marry us. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Texas A&M University but they have a huge live oak tree on campus they call the "Century Tree". According to an old Aggie legend, if two lovers pass beneath the tree's large, vine-like branches, they are destined to be wed. Similarly, if a couple becomes engaged under the Century's picturesque leaves, the marriage will last forever. My FI is an Aggie so when I proposed this option versus a church he was stoked! I didn't want a huge wedding with a ton of people hence the reason we are planning Mexico, I would have been happy going to the JP but he's somewhat of a romantic and wanted some kind of a ceremony to appease his parents. So the intimate ceremony here is for me and the Mexico wedding is for him.

Here's a picture of the tree itself. I think it will be perfect for when we say "I do".

#3873 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
      • Site Supporter
      • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Yes the stamps were actually in the dollar bin and that is why I picked them up and than didn't know what to stamp lol. But they also have them in the aisle with all the stamps and ink pads. I wish I had other things to stamp ;) because it looks so cute. I used different shaped tags for different things. i did the bubbles with them and the pashmina tags also. The tags are awesome for almost anything you want to do but sometimes the perforation is a little hard to tear perfectly but it beats spending tons of money on tags that people are not even going to care about lol.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Thank you for the deets of where you got the tags!  I was soooo wondering how I was going to do this, I was just going to print the saying out on paper and cut them, but this is way better!  Did you get the stamps at Michaels too?

#3874 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
        • Site Supporter
        • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yes the stamps were actually in the dollar bin and that is why I picked them up and than didn't know what to stamp lol. But they also have them in the aisle with all the stamps and ink pads. I wish I had other things to stamp ;) because it looks so cute. I used different shaped tags for different things. i did the bubbles with them and the pashmina tags also. The tags are awesome for almost anything you want to do but sometimes the perforation is a little hard to tear perfectly but it beats spending tons of money on tags that people are not even going to care about lol.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Thank you for the deets of where you got the tags!  I was soooo wondering how I was going to do this, I was just going to print the saying out on paper and cut them, but this is way better!  Did you get the stamps at Michaels too?

#3875 Laura1220

Laura1220
          • Site Supporter
          • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

opps..heres the link!!  http://www.ninewest....default,pd.html

These are great!

#3876 Laura1220

Laura1220
            • Site Supporter
            • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

opps..heres the link!!  http://www.ninewest....default,pd.html

These are great!

Attached Files

#3877 Laura1220

Laura1220
              • Site Supporter
              • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

I was told by my sales rep, Michelle Farinas,  that Ivis Hitchcock is my wedding planner.  Michelle mentioned that she was out sick and would be contacting me upon her return..That was Monday.  Now it Thursday.  Since I need to be about a million steps ahead of the game, I would like to email Ivis.  Granted, she may still be out sick, but I still want to try and reach her.  I know some of you ladies have been working with her (and also mentioning her lack of timely responses).  If someone could provide me with her email address, I would greatly appreciate it!

#3878 summer12

summer12
                • Site Supporter
                • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

Okay ladies sorry to bring up the set-up costs again but Beatriz just sent me an email telling me that it will cost $100/table of set up fees AND $50 PER PERSON for dinner for a private function if we do not qualify for a free private function.  She even sent me a spread sheet with these numbers written on them.  Here is a link to the spread sheet. (hope it works!)

https://docs.google....piyFpEeimBCBsrg

If this is true I will be very unhappy as I was under the understanding that it would in no way be that expensive! Goodness!

#3879 Speckles121

Speckles121
                  • 720 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I was told by my sales rep, Michelle Farinas,  that Ivis Hitchcock is my wedding planner.  Michelle mentioned that she was out sick and would be contacting me upon her return..That was Monday.  Now it Thursday.  Since I need to be about a million steps ahead of the game, I would like to email Ivis.  Granted, she may still be out sick, but I still want to try and reach her.  I know some of you ladies have been working with her (and also mentioning her lack of timely responses).  If someone could provide me with her email address, I would greatly appreciate it!

#3880 Laura1220

Laura1220
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thanks Speckles! Here goes nothing! I will let you know if I ever get a response!

IHITCHOCK@PALACERESORTS.COM..i havent heard from her since the beginning of last week so who knows!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users