Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#2261 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • 675 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

I went to Michaels and they didn't have what I wanted, so I ordered it online today.   :)

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Go Jamie!! I know that you are very excited. If you are looking for a wide range of colors for raffia Michaels should have it. I purchased mine from Nashvillewraps.com. Happy DIYing

#2262 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
    • 324 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hey lyates! We are date twins :) What time is your ceremony? Ours is at 5pm! Welcome to the site... it has been the best source of inspirtation for me :)

Originally Posted by lyates 

Hey Ladies!!!

First off, CONGRATS on all of your engagements!!!! So exciting

I stumbled across this website kinda by accident but so happy I did.  You all seem so much more organized than I am.... I think I may need to step it up a bit. I have bought my dress and sent out my invites and everyone has booked.  I keep trying to contact the WC in Miami but I get very vague responses....is anyone else getting that? 

I too am interested in the different locations at the hotel. I have 34 people coming and want to do the private reception. I was going to do it outside but nervous about bugs at night.  I am so loving the DIY's Im seeing on here! VERY impressive!!! 

Does anyone know if the hotel supplies decor for the reception or just for the ceremony?

#2263 lyates

lyates
      • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Coco,

Thanks for that info!!! Where do you find all this out?  My Miami WC is Michelle and she doesn't really supply me with a lot of info...she is actually pretty vague. I am definitely going to look into sashes here then...I wasn't aware there wasn't ANY decor for the reception.  Will they supply flowers though? 

I will be at the Moon Palace for 2 weeks (April 15-29). It would be so much fun to see you ladies there!!! If time permits, I would love to come and do that! Thanks for inviting me to be part of that very sweet of you! Of course it depends on what is going on with my guests as well (its most of their last night there).

#2264 lyates

lyates
        • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Hi Summerdawn!!! AKA Wedding-day twin!

We are getting married at 3pm.  Congrats on your engagement!! So exciting!

#2265 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

I'm going to PM you!  It's pretty standard info though.  I'm there from the 17th-22nd and then 22nd to 27th at LeBlanc.  If we can't come together to take pictures, on that night maybe we can all exchange number etc before we leave so at least catch up if only for a few minutes and officially meet. 

Originally Posted by lyates 

Coco,

Thanks for that info!!! Where do you find all this out?  My Miami WC is Michelle and she doesn't really supply me with a lot of info...she is actually pretty vague. I am definitely going to look into sashes here then...I wasn't aware there wasn't ANY decor for the reception.  Will they supply flowers though? 

I will be at the Moon Palace for 2 weeks (April 15-29). It would be so much fun to see you ladies there!!! If time permits, I would love to come and do that! Thanks for inviting me to be part of that very sweet of you! Of course it depends on what is going on with my guests as well (its most of their last night there).

#2266 lyates

lyates
            • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

YA!!! That would be so much fun to meet all of you that will be there at the same time! We will have to have a bridal toast!!!

#2267 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
              • Site Supporter
              • 81 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

DSCN2485.JPG

I'm so excited!! My custom hanger came today for my dress, I LOVE IT!!! My FI doesn't get it but he is happy I'm so happy. LOL.

#2268 ndvidul

ndvidul
                • 317 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Well, it's not completely finished, but it's getting there!  Here's my DIY bridal bouquet so far. 

The white "ribbon" is paper in the pic just to see how it looks.  I'll go get the white ribbon from Michael's tomorrow to do it for real. 

It ended up not being as big as I'd planned, but I still love it!!!! 

Not sure if I'll add the swav. crystals in some of the blooms or not.  I kind of like the more natural look, especially with the burlap (which I LOVE).   I will also need to get the end trimmed somehow so that there's only an inch below the burlap showing.  I want it cleanly cut across.  Any ideas on how to do this??  Home Depot??  (The stakes are wooden.)

Will post the final pics!  Hopefully I finish tomorrow.  Then, it's off to make the bridesmaids' bouquets!  Woo Hoo!!!! 

Finish Bouquet with TENTATIVE ribbon & burlap.jpg

On a completely unrelated note to this bouquet....

Coconoir -- I found this pic in my phone as I was trying to upload the bouquet pic.  I thought of you and your theme of metamorphosis with the butterfly!!  My FI and I went to a butterfly house some odd weeks ago, and it was a completely magical experience.  We even saw butterflies emerging from cocoons and others taking their first flight.  I love how the pic says the Magic of Metamorphosis.  I know your journey with your Hubby-to-be will be magical as you both take flight.  Love!

For Coco.jpg

#2269 ndvidul

ndvidul
                  • 317 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

This is great!!!!  I'm happy you're so happy, too!  YAY! 

DSCN2485.JPG

I'm so excited!! My custom hanger came today for my dress, I LOVE IT!!! My FI doesn't get it but he is happy I'm so happy. LOL.

#2270 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                    • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Very pretty!

DSCN2485.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users