Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#1541 leenancy

leenancy
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

Those are way cute! I'm sure a lot of people were waiting for the formal invite, so I hope you start seeing everyone book!

WOW ladies!!!

I think its maybe been a week or so since I have been on here and BAM there are like 50+ new posts to read! You guys have been busy busy bees! Ok, so I have finally gotten my act together and taken pictures of our invites! I should be sending them out tomorrow. There are a few people I hand delivered these to, and my Uncle Mark for instance said "I think this is the coolest wedding invitation I have EVER seen"! YAY!!! Score!!! Now lets hope that it will inspire my guests to get there butts in gear and BOOK a dang room already! 141 days to go and hardly ANYONE has even put their initial deposit down....I'm flyin blind here! 

Well I will be leaving this Sat for MT to see my parents and hopefully get some wedding stuff done. I think we are going to try and match up some chair sash samples to fabric for the table runners I want to make, maybe experiment with Wonder Vases for centerpieces, OOT bag items (no sales tax in MT!!), and maybe do some paper crafts like labels or guest book table sign.

Here are some pics I took of my Passport Invites + Boarding Pass RSVP postcard, and Envelope (sorry about the bad quality/color...my camera is misbehaving)!

Oh ya!!!

I bought my dress this weekend!  YAY  I love it!  It's beautiful, but very popular.  I got Sottero Midgley - Adorae at the trunk show.  I just love it and now I understand why so many other brides do too!!!

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
    2 Guests booked through other services

#1542 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
    • 675 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

Leenancy,

I posted a pic on the show us your wedding dress thread.  :)

#1543 leenancy

leenancy
      • 212 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

Just FYI for those of you who love Vistaprint (and Groupon) like me, there is a $70 Vistaprint credit you can get for $17 right now at groupon.com. It's in the Denver deals, but since Vistaprint is online only, anyone can purchase it and use it online.

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
        2 Guests booked through other services

#1544 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
        • 675 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

Done!  Thanks for sharing that, not sure how I missed that deal!???  But it's great!

Originally Posted by leenancy 

Just FYI for those of you who love Vistaprint (and Groupon) like me, there is a $70 Vistaprint credit you can get for $17 right now at groupon.com. It's in the Denver deals, but since Vistaprint is online only, anyone can purchase it and use it online.

#1545 krsmith

krsmith
          • 528 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

Thanks Shan!

I was so torn between doing Boarding Passes or Passports for invites! Rebecca gave me the option to have it them BOTH! You can check her out on her

I love your invites! And I really like that you have a boarding pass for the RSVP cards! Who did them and were they costly?  I really want to do passport invites, but I'm afraid they will be really expensive!

#1546 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Thank you, I will check her out!!

Warning about the group-on for Vistaprint.  I bought one before and let it expire because you can't combine any deals with the group-on (you have to pay full prices for everything) and you have to pay for shipping.  You'd probably want to use it on something that wouldn't normally be on sale! So just a heads-up! :)

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Thanks Shan!

I was so torn between doing Boarding Passes or Passports for invites! Rebecca gave me the option to have it them BOTH! You can check her out on her Allurements by Rebecca website. They really weren't too bad in price. I think to have any invites made whether they are in this style or not is a good chunk of money...not something I was planning on coughing up the money for. But after attempting to make my own, I decided it was worth the money to not have to stress over them. The nice thing she does, is offer you 25% off for a DIY option! She does all the designing and printing, then you just cut them out and assemble them yourself! Not a bad option! We were going to do the DIY option, but life got hectic and I was feeling the time pressure, so I decided to just pay the extra and have her assemble them. 

#1547 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
            • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hola ladies,

Got home a little early today (off-site training for the next 3 days), and I received our 1st RSVP card in the mail (not counting my family that already booked and "want to keep it with their invites as a keepsake").  It was from my work-mom... YAY!  So that sparked me to do something at or welcome dinner which will be to have a gift for the 1st person that turned in their RSVP card, and the longest traveled guest (which will be my soon to be niece that's hailing all the way from Japan). 

Have a good one.

#1548 YWS2012

YWS2012
              • 393 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

krsmith

your invites are great loves the colors ..perfect combo ....

Originally Posted by krsmith 

WOW ladies!!!

I think its maybe been a week or so since I have been on here and BAM there are like 50+ new posts to read! You guys have been busy busy bees! Ok, so I have finally gotten my act together and taken pictures of our invites! I should be sending them out tomorrow. There are a few people I hand delivered these to, and my Uncle Mark for instance said "I think this is the coolest wedding invitation I have EVER seen"! YAY!!! Score!!! Now lets hope that it will inspire my guests to get there butts in gear and BOOK a dang room already! 141 days to go and hardly ANYONE has even put their initial deposit down....I'm flyin blind here! 

Well I will be leaving this Sat for MT to see my parents and hopefully get some wedding stuff done. I think we are going to try and match up some chair sash samples to fabric for the table runners I want to make, maybe experiment with Wonder Vases for centerpieces, OOT bag items (no sales tax in MT!!), and maybe do some paper crafts like labels or guest book table sign.

Here are some pics I took of my Passport Invites + Boarding Pass RSVP postcard, and Envelope (sorry about the bad quality/color...my camera is misbehaving)!

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00554.JPG DSC00550.JPG DSC00551.JPG DSC00552.JPG DSC00553.JPG DSC00547.JPG

#1549 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

Ladies,

Any ideas on what menu you will choose? 

#1550 Sdamian1

Sdamian1
                  • 132 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Ahhh I haven't been on here in sooo long!! I was 230 posts behind..after hours of catching up I am back and now I am freaking out I need to get on these invites!! You ladies have done an amazing job with yours! I am between doing passports or something in a box set..not sure yet though :( One thing I DID get checked off my list is my wedding dress!!

Ladies,

Any ideas on what menu you will choose? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users