Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

 

Thanks ladies!!!

 

I leave in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe how fast time has flown by!!!!

 

Anyone have a great contact in regards to booking excursions?  I have a great contact for the spa/salon already.  I think I have a few saved somewhere, but I figured I'd find out someone more recent if possible! :)

We leave tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited.  My wedding coordinator gave me Javier Cortes his email is fcortes@palaceresorts.com, but he is out of the office until november 12, his email said if you need assistance to contact Dai Jimenez at djimenez@palaceresorts.com.  Javier let us reserve the dolphin swim for 15 people.  He has been awesome to work with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, thank you!

 

YAAAY!!! Have soo much fun- can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!! I hope I can see some pics before I leave!!! :)

 

 

Originally Posted by Mca1116 View Post

We leave tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited.  My wedding coordinator gave me Javier Cortes his email is fcortes@palaceresorts.com, but he is out of the office until november 12, his email said if you need assistance to contact Dai Jimenez at djimenez@palaceresorts.com.  Javier let us reserve the dolphin swim for 15 people.  He has been awesome to work with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just need a little vent session....

 

I knew going into a destination wedding that not everyone would be able to come because of money, kids, etc.... totally understandable! But I guess there were some people who i just did NOT expect to back out on our wedding day. Found out this past week that my fiances TWO sisters have decided they will not be coming. (Mind you, I asked both of these girls to be IN the wedding last November!! A year ago!!!) The wedding is not until May so they have had plenty of time to plan and save. Ugh... my fiance is not one to show much emotion but i just KNOW its killing him inside and i feel horrible!!! Let alone.. not one person has booked their trip yet... i know we have a good 7 months to go but as of right now I feel like we are going to have zero guests!! I just needed to vent with some girls who have an insight into what I am going through!! sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by dzaccaria View Post

 

Just need a little vent session....

 

I knew going into a destination wedding that not everyone would be able to come because of money, kids, etc.... totally understandable! But I guess there were some people who i just did NOT expect to back out on our wedding day. Found out this past week that my fiances TWO sisters have decided they will not be coming. (Mind you, I asked both of these girls to be IN the wedding last November!! A year ago!!!) The wedding is not until May so they have had plenty of time to plan and save. Ugh... my fiance is not one to show much emotion but i just KNOW its killing him inside and i feel horrible!!! Let alone.. not one person has booked their trip yet... i know we have a good 7 months to go but as of right now I feel like we are going to have zero guests!! I just needed to vent with some girls who have an insight into what I am going through!! sad.gif

 

 

ohh i feel your pain..vent on girl!! Ive had people including my own father who wont come..and my brother who i gave a year to save and such, is still not coming!! most of my guests didnt book until the 3-5 month mark!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

 

 

 

ohh i feel your pain..vent on girl!! Ive had people including my own father who wont come..and my brother who i gave a year to save and such, is still not coming!! most of my guests didnt book until the 3-5 month mark!

 Im hoping my guests are just waiting for the 3-5 month mark as well!! I figure most will book after xmas but i guess i was just hoping SOMEONE would book sooner! So glad i can vent here because I feel like noone else understands!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by dzaccaria View Post

 

 Im hoping my guests are just waiting for the 3-5 month mark as well!! I figure most will book after xmas but i guess i was just hoping SOMEONE would book sooner! So glad i can vent here because I feel like noone else understands!!!!

for the longest time it was only my parents who had booked..one of my bridesmaids waited til the very last day, very last hour to book!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by dzaccaria View Post

 

 Im hoping my guests are just waiting for the 3-5 month mark as well!! I figure most will book after xmas but i guess i was just hoping SOMEONE would book sooner! So glad i can vent here because I feel like noone else understands!!!!

 

For our wedding most people booked right around a week or two before the room block was about to expire.  I think in general people tend to book at the last minute, especially when they feel the vacation is still months away.  :(  It's definitely hard for planning purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by dzaccaria View Post

 

Just need a little vent session....

 

I knew going into a destination wedding that not everyone would be able to come because of money, kids, etc.... totally understandable! But I guess there were some people who i just did NOT expect to back out on our wedding day. Found out this past week that my fiances TWO sisters have decided they will not be coming. (Mind you, I asked both of these girls to be IN the wedding last November!! A year ago!!!) The wedding is not until May so they have had plenty of time to plan and save. Ugh... my fiance is not one to show much emotion but i just KNOW its killing him inside and i feel horrible!!! Let alone.. not one person has booked their trip yet... i know we have a good 7 months to go but as of right now I feel like we are going to have zero guests!! I just needed to vent with some girls who have an insight into what I am going through!! sad.gif

 

 

I can totally feel your pain! I found the whole planning a wedding experience to be so interesting and now can see the hidden blessing. At the end of the day, you got to find out who is going to be there for you when it matters and who won't be. Its good to have that knowledge about the people around you so early on. I say, accept it and screw 'em. You will have the best time no matter what!

 

And any one who can't come for no good reason isn't worth having attend anyway! Of course there are good reasons for not coming and that is a totally different matter but it seems to me like Sisters of the Groom in the bridal party with around 18 months notice probably do not have a legit excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Searching for discount wool wedding dresses? Browse David's Bridal wedding dresses for sale, including discount plus size & designer wedding dresses online now!
    • Online shopping for Magic Kits & Accessories from a great selection at Toys & Games Store
    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
  • Topics

×