Jump to content

Recommended Posts


I was going to say the same thing as some of the others because you will probably taking pictures for a lot of the cocktail hour. I was thinking of nixing the cocktail hour and letting people congregate at the bar until the reception since I feel like there will be so much food and I want to put more into the reception and I am having it on the Carribean terrace and there is a bar up there anyway. I don't know I can't decide - keep going back and forth lol. good luck girl.

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Ladies, I'd like your input...

 

So, we are just going to have a cocktail hour after the wedding and then have a reception dinner at one of the restaurants.  For the cocktail hour, I'm planning to do the toasts and the first dance.  When do you think I should do these? 

 

I was thinking to let people grab food and drinks and then 20 minutes in, do the toasts.  Then, 45 minutes in, do the first dance.

 

We'll do the cake cutting after dinner at the restaurant.

 

Thoughts?  Comments?  Ideas?  Thanks!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard that was one of the perks. They should have known when you booked. And it should be for everyone who books under the membership.
 

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

Any ladies on here know if when you book using a membership if you get a complimentary mani & pedi???? I just contacted Karla to book these types of things + hair & make-up for me, and she mentioned something to this effect.  Also said that my bridesmaids might get this too since we've all booked under membership...  crossing my fingers!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you ladydi1844
 

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post

So beautiful to hear wondrous news like that and it reminds us all to be grateful for the most important things like the health of the ones we love and put the petty nonsense that seems to come with our weddings where they belong and not fret so. God bless your Grandson ;)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladydi1844 you look AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post

I had my first fitting today. I was so not in the mood because I have not only NOT lost a pound but gained 5 and can't seem to get motivated to start a routine between xmas shopping and wedding obsessing so I was less than thrilled to go and have been putting it off but when i put on my dress wrinkly as it was and as bad a hair day as I was having...i was sooo happy and in love with my adorae. I can't wait to wear this dress woot.gif

 

dress.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

I FINALLY got a response to my question about the bar on the terrace. It doesn't open until 6 pm and if you want to have your cocktail hour up there they charge for set-up and $6 per person just to let you know! :)

 

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post


I was going to say the same thing as some of the others because you will probably taking pictures for a lot of the cocktail hour. I was thinking of nixing the cocktail hour and letting people congregate at the bar until the reception since I feel like there will be so much food and I want to put more into the reception and I am having it on the Carribean terrace and there is a bar up there anyway. I don't know I can't decide - keep going back and forth lol. good luck girl.



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm not sure what you looked like before the 5pnd gain but I know from this picture that you look absolutely AMAZING! 
 

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post

I had my first fitting today. I was so not in the mood because I have not only NOT lost a pound but gained 5 and can't seem to get motivated to start a routine between xmas shopping and wedding obsessing so I was less than thrilled to go and have been putting it off but when i put on my dress wrinkly as it was and as bad a hair day as I was having...i was sooo happy and in love with my adorae. I can't wait to wear this dress woot.gif

 

dress.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TGIF  ladies, TGIF indeed ;-)

 

Well we know that this has been a trying week for FI & I yet, by the Grace & Mercy of God we are pulling through.  I wanted to thank you for allowing me to vent (some via email, phone;-) & by way of this forum).  It wasn't until this week that I understood why people would say "that planning a wedding brings out the worst in people" however; unfortunately I do now.  sad.gif  I think, well I know the part that bothered me the most are the sacrifices that I have made along with my giving nature, and the fact that I totally felt that I was being taking advantage of.  But just as my mom said "Sometimes you  have to take a step back, so that others will take a step forward.  Because all too often, people will continue to allow you to do, in order for them to hold onto their own."  Because of the way that I am built, I don't take kindly to people of this nature (and I let it be known) but that's me. So step back I did (although I'm struggling with that as I'm a doer by nature). 

 

So, with a non-DIYing house as everything and I do mean EVERYTHING is packed up along with no "visual" perception that I am wedding planning things are gradually being done.  I can go on and on about why men wait to do stuff etc.. but I dont' think this forum has enough room LOL  My future step-daughter even sent me a text asking what my son wants for Christmas confused.gif (baffling).  With that alone I had to remind myself that FI & I are the ones to be married and although this is very urgent to us, to others it is not nor will it be no matter how angry you get. 

 

So, this morning (the last day of my bulk printing for work reasons), I came in at 7  to print off our guestbook notecards (these are 8 different 4x6 cards with 4 different butterfly pictures & 4 different Beachy/Cancun pictures, that the guest will leave their wedding wishes. I will have them laminated after all is said and done to preserve them.-see below) and the 2nd page of our wedding program which list the bridal party etc..however my step-daughter's name or my cousin's name are included nor will there be a reprint. 

 

Have a great weekend ladies....oh and yes, when I get home these will be boxed up blush2.gif

 

~This has our wedding date interwined in the long portion of the letter "g" although hard to see on this picture.                     ~The pink is my personal fave

1.JPG6.JPG

 

~Beachy scene                                                                                                           ~The back of every card.

7.JPGback.JPG

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with COCO, you gained 5 lbs? You look fantastic and I LOVE the dress on you!  I am an Adorae bride too!  So, I really really like the dress! 
 

Originally Posted by ladydi1844 View Post

I had my first fitting today. I was so not in the mood because I have not only NOT lost a pound but gained 5 and can't seem to get motivated to start a routine between xmas shopping and wedding obsessing so I was less than thrilled to go and have been putting it off but when i put on my dress wrinkly as it was and as bad a hair day as I was having...i was sooo happy and in love with my adorae. I can't wait to wear this dress woot.gif

 

dress.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


smile03.gif  coco!!!!  I am glad you and FI are pushing through, but that's why you are marrying him!  You can make it through the good, the bad, the ugly!!!  I hope things get better soon!!!  Wedding planning definitely brings out the worst in people and I think we all understand that!!!  Vent anytime!!!!

 

ps....I love the notecards!!!  Once again you have managed to out do yourself!  :)  Hope you have a great weekend!!!! xoxo

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

TGIF  ladies, TGIF indeed ;-)

 

Well we know that this has been a trying week for FI & I yet, by the Grace & Mercy of God we are pulling through.  I wanted to thank you for allowing me to vent (some via email, phone;-) & by way of this forum).  It wasn't until this week that I understood why people would say "that planning a wedding brings out the worst in people" however; unfortunately I do now.  sad.gif  I think, well I know the part that bothered me the most are the sacrifices that I have made along with my giving nature, and the fact that I totally felt that I was being taking advantage of.  But just as my mom said "Sometimes you  have to take a step back, so that others will take a step forward.  Because all too often, people will continue to allow you to do, in order for them to hold onto their own."  Because of the way that I am built, I don't take kindly to people of this nature (and I let it be known) but that's me. So step back I did (although I'm struggling with that as I'm a doer by nature). 

 

So, with a non-DIYing house as everything and I do mean EVERYTHING is packed up along with no "visual" perception that I am wedding planning things are gradually being done.  I can go on and on about why men wait to do stuff etc.. but I dont' think this forum has enough room LOL  My future step-daughter even sent me a text asking what my son wants for Christmas confused.gif (baffling).  With that alone I had to remind myself that FI & I are the ones to be married and although this is very urgent to us, to others it is not nor will it be no matter how angry you get. 

 

So, this morning (the last day of my bulk printing for work reasons), I came in at 7  to print off our guestbook notecards (these are 8 different 4x6 cards with 4 different butterfly pictures & 4 different Beachy/Cancun pictures, that the guest will leave their wedding wishes. I will have them laminated after all is said and done to preserve them.-see below) and the 2nd page of our wedding program which list the bridal party etc..however my step-daughter's name or my cousin's name are included nor will there be a reprint. 

 

Have a great weekend ladies....oh and yes, when I get home these will be boxed up blush2.gif

 

~This has our wedding date interwined in the long portion of the letter "g" although hard to see on this picture.                     ~The pink is my personal fave

1.JPG6.JPG

 

~Beachy scene                                                                                                           ~The back of every card.

7.JPGback.JPG

 

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!  I have a lot of siblings, so it just them and their S.O's, but you know what....they are going and that's means the world to me!  :) 

 

As for the Tucan Garden, it's just to the side of the Gazebo on the lawn, so it's not really a "garden" per se.  But I will try to find a picture of the set up, I know there is one on the MP locations thread, I will try to find the link for ya!

 

I think coming into the Cocktail hour later and doing your dance is a great idea!  Your wedding is going to be here sooooo soon!  So excited for you!!!
 

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post



 

That's AWESOME that so many people have booked, Jamie!  Congrats!! I know you were concerned about this.  Must feel so great!

 

I didn't know there was a Tucan Garden!  Do you happen to have any pics? 

 

Our wedding is at 4pm, and the cocktail hour starts at 5pm.  We were going to take our pictures after the ceremony and before the cocktail hour and then just have the photographer take pictures of people at the cocktail hour (kind of like a reception... since we won't be having a reception nor will we have a photographer after the cocktail hour).   MAYBE though.... we'll spend more time taking pics and then enter fashionably late and do the First Dance right away like you and Coco said... I kind of like that since it's unique and dramatic, hehe.  Oooooh, I'm excited!  I like the idea of toasts at dinner.  Makes more sense and doesn't try to squeeze in too much for the cocktail hour either.  THANK YOU for your input!


 


 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×