Jump to content

Recommended Posts

But that's cute since your FI likes shirts and it has become knows about it.  My crazy all of a sudden wants to participate LOL  And his contribution T-shirts.  I don't mind T-shirts but I would rather put them in the welcome bag and they can wear them if and when they want then at the welcome dinner.  Maybe I can pitch your idea of them wearing them on the plane.  Maybe it will help them get through customs quickly smile120.gif

 

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

Well we are doing something kind of like this...My fiance always wear his old intramural basketball tshirts and has dozens of them in many colors so its become a running joke with everyone.  So my sister wants to make tshirts that look like it but are about the wedding instead of basketball.  This is going to be a surprise to my fiance but I don't know when we will wear them.  Maybe on the plane down?  Its kind of cheesy, but I know my fiance and everyone else will think its funny that know him.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Summer,

 

Welcome back hug2.gif I see that you were able to get some things done which is always AWESOME!  I am going to email IIiana about the CD player because if this is insane.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerDawn View Post

Wow work got crazy for a few weeks and I havent been on here but I swear it took me HOURS to catch up on this thread! Best thread ever :)

 

Coco everything looks FABULOUS and your memorial pictures are sooo beautiful!

 

Krsmith Hows your baby doing???

 

Jamie your invites look awesome!!

 

I have got a few things done in the past couple weeks... pictures to come shortly! I also ordered my real touch flowers so fingers crossed they turn out well as it is an etsy seller's first sale! Makes me scared but she gave me a killer deal that I couldnt refuse! Plus I will be using the flowers in my package so it is just the bridesmaids flowers! Did I read correctly that they are saying you can no longer use the CD player for a beach ceremony??? I will fight this because the website totally did not say that when I booked.... Has anyone taken this up with their coordinator yet??



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha!  Coco-I love how you FI's one contribution you think is silly.  My FI makes me laugh because one day he wants nothing to do with the planning and the next he wants it all his way (he can be a bit of a prima donna).  One day we were arguing because he wants all of the men standing with him at the alter and just the women to walk down the isle and I want the men to escort the women.  Then the other day I wanted his okay on my photographer choice b/c I was about to sign the contract and pay our down payment and then he started asking me questions and was like "wait- we're doing a dinner after?" bahaha!!  No silly, we are having a ceremony and reception and nothing to eat. Goodness.  I said "you're all concerned about whether or not the men walk down the isle but you haven't even thought about if we're serving a meal?!"  fryingpan.gif  He keeps me laughing, that's for sure! 

 

 

 

Anyone else finding silly things to argue with their "better half" about these days??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am with you and Coco on this- all his ideas are absurd to me yet I get angry if his eyes glaze over because I am talking about yet another idea lmao. Thank God for this forum because we can't talk about our weddings enough and i know i care about all your details and it seems my friends and family really just don't really care and I don't mean it bad it just isn't the end all for them to hear about it 24/7 so whatever. Idc I HAVE U GUYS woot.gif
 

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Haha!  Coco-I love how you FI's one contribution you think is silly.  My FI makes me laugh because one day he wants nothing to do with the planning and the next he wants it all his way (he can be a bit of a prima donna).  One day we were arguing because he wants all of the men standing with him at the alter and just the women to walk down the isle and I want the men to escort the women.  Then the other day I wanted his okay on my photographer choice b/c I was about to sign the contract and pay our down payment and then he started asking me questions and was like "wait- we're doing a dinner after?" bahaha!!  No silly, we are having a ceremony and reception and nothing to eat. Goodness.  I said "you're all concerned about whether or not the men walk down the isle but you haven't even thought about if we're serving a meal?!"  fryingpan.gif  He keeps me laughing, that's for sure! 

 

 

 

Anyone else finding silly things to argue with their "better half" about these days??



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


HAHAHAHA!!!  I just lol'd smile120.gif  I would not want our guests to wear t-shirts to our welcome dinner either!  I think in their OOT bags is fine.  Hopefully he realizes, that this is not something that you think would look good....OR you say, MP wants all men to wear collared shirts to restaurants and wedding related events?????  I am with you!!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 View Post

Hey Ladies,

 

Okay so FI wants to get T-shirts for all of our guest to wear at the welcome dinner.  I think this idea totally blows/sucks etc..and think it is generic.  NOTE: please do not take offense if you are doing this.. this is simply not my cup of tea.   Anyway I'm on the hunt for ideas...totally do not plan on spending any massive amount of time on this as I simply "don't want to do it" and we are giving them a lot of goodies anyway.  So any gender neutral ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for the help. 



 

So glad you are back!!!  Can't wait to see what you have done!

Originally Posted by SummerDawn View Post

Wow work got crazy for a few weeks and I havent been on here but I swear it took me HOURS to catch up on this thread! Best thread ever :)

 

Coco everything looks FABULOUS and your memorial pictures are sooo beautiful!

 

Krsmith Hows your baby doing???

 

Jamie your invites look awesome!!

 

I have got a few things done in the past couple weeks... pictures to come shortly! I also ordered my real touch flowers so fingers crossed they turn out well as it is an etsy seller's first sale! Makes me scared but she gave me a killer deal that I couldnt refuse! Plus I will be using the flowers in my package so it is just the bridesmaids flowers! Did I read correctly that they are saying you can no longer use the CD player for a beach ceremony??? I will fight this because the website totally did not say that when I booked.... Has anyone taken this up with their coordinator yet??



Thank you thank you my dear!!!



Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post

Jamie they turned out great !!!

 

love the colors, good job !!!!!!!!!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ps...I DO NOT think the t-shirt is a bad idea, just funny how our FI's can be so out of touch with the wedding and then they come up with some (what we think) random idea.  That's whats so funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Merryleee!!!  I am hoping the colors will look as close as they can.  I showed the invites to the groomsman and his wife and they thought they were the coolest things.  I am going to try not to worry about it, as I don't think most peeps will notice!  BUT.....we shall seecheesy.gif  can't wait to see the barefoot jewelry!!  good luck!!!
 

Originally Posted by merrylee View Post

Jamie, LOVE your STDs, I originally wanted to do pink & orange, but decided on all shades of pink and black so that I would not have to worry about color matching every little detail.  Super cute.

 

and thank you lovely ladies for bolstering my confidence on my DIY jewelry.  FI will always tell me it looks good because that's just how he is.  Now to research how to make barefoot jewelry and see I can make heads or tails out of that :)

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baahhaaaaa BangHead.gif  okay so I am with your FI on one thing.. in that I would like the men to stand with him at the alter and the bridesmaids walk down on their own... SHOW OFF Those dresses I paid for (vain I know lol). FI wants them to all walk down together.... I'll let this settle down for now.  Then, I will talk to him when he is playing the playstation 3... angel1.gif
 

Originally Posted by summer12 View Post

Haha!  Coco-I love how you FI's one contribution you think is silly.  My FI makes me laugh because one day he wants nothing to do with the planning and the next he wants it all his way (he can be a bit of a prima donna).  One day we were arguing because he wants all of the men standing with him at the alter and just the women to walk down the isle and I want the men to escort the women.  Then the other day I wanted his okay on my photographer choice b/c I was about to sign the contract and pay our down payment and then he started asking me questions and was like "wait- we're doing a dinner after?" bahaha!!  No silly, we are having a ceremony and reception and nothing to eat. Goodness.  I said "you're all concerned about whether or not the men walk down the isle but you haven't even thought about if we're serving a meal?!"  fryingpan.gif  He keeps me laughing, that's for sure! 

 

 

 

Anyone else finding silly things to argue with their "better half" about these days??



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the shirt thing through Vistaprint and the guys wore them at the pool and have some GREAT pics the day of the wedding as we were all at the spa getting glammed up :) It's pretty cute b/c the guys tell us they'll go out running and still wear the shirt...pretty cute and an inexpensive thing. We presented the shirts AT the welcome dinner, including one that had a picture of one of our friend's faces that said, "STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN" LOL!!
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post


HAHAHAHA!!!  I just lol'd smile120.gif  I would not want our guests to wear t-shirts to our welcome dinner either!  I think in their OOT bags is fine.  Hopefully he realizes, that this is not something that you think would look good....OR you say, MP wants all men to wear collared shirts to restaurants and wedding related events?????  I am with you!!!



 

So glad you are back!!!  Can't wait to see what you have done!



Thank you thank you my dear!!!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, T's aren't a bad idea, I just don't want it at the welcome dinner.  I would rather not have them at all, only because when I was in my cousins wedding (10/10) she had T's in her welcome bag.... some didn't fit others, they had to trade etc.. and then after all that drama the only folks that had them on was the wedding party.  Besides they were itchy as hell smile41.gifNo matter how many times I washed the damn thing its still itchy.  I would much rather take the same $ and get something else. 
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

ps...I DO NOT think the t-shirt is a bad idea, just funny how our FI's can be so out of touch with the wedding and then they come up with some (what we think) random idea.  That's whats so funny!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×