Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#471 Sharky00

Sharky00
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Wisa2178,

The light up dance floor was awesome. It was a total hit with the guests as well. We also did the dry fireworks they offer that went off during our first dance. DJ Mannia is who we used. Here is the link. http://www.manniacan...Site/Index.html  We had our reception in the North Solarium, but before I had been debating between that and the beach. They did say the dance floor would be no problem to be set up on the sand.

Shannon

#472 wisa2178

wisa2178
    • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hi Shannon

Thanks...I also have Mannia on hold...very excited.  We are getting married on July 7, 2012.  Who did you use for photography?

#473 sharkyak

sharkyak
      • 30 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

We used Blue Lense Caribe. They did a great job! Highly reccomend!

#474 Lola2012

Lola2012
        • Site Supporter
        • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by wisa2178 

Hi Shannon

Thanks...I also have Mannia on hold...very excited.  We are getting married on July 7, 2012.  Who did you use for photography?

Hi Wisa2178,

I booked DJ Doremixx for my reception and he also has the light up dance floor.  He also apparently includes some free stuff that Mania doesn't and he has a fixed rate of $800 for up to 5 hours which is longer than Mannia.  He also has really great reviews.  We are going to do the light up dancefloor and that's an additional $700 but it will look awesome on the beach where our reception will be.

Just thought you might want to look another good option if you are still crunching numbers!

Cheers!

#475 Watjol

Watjol
          • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

We used Blue Lense Caribe. They did a great job! Highly reccomend!

Any words of wisdom on how to get the outside photographer? We want to use Blue Lens Caribe, but havent had our planning meeting yet with stateside coordinator (It's next Tuesday). How did you approach this, sharkyak? :)

#476 Sharky00

Sharky00
            • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Watjol,

It almost sounds like something has changed since our wedding in November. Making you have certain photgraphers. I however am not sure. We had Blue Lense and it was no problem. I just purchased a day pass for this. To tell you the truth my travel agent coordinated everything with the resort. She was like the middle man, but she made sure she got everything in writing. It seemed with her being a travel agent she was maybe able to be a bit more pushy? If it's the miami office telling you no on anything I wouldnt count it out. Is it Wilma the resort coordinater telling you no? If so, I'm guess something has changed since our wedding.

Shannon

#477 wisa2178

wisa2178
              • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi Lola

Thank you so much for that information...I will contact DJ Doremixx.

#478 tabby2011

tabby2011
                • 47 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

What does everyone do for TUX RENTALS?  I am really confused as to what to do?  Since its destination ... what should the grooms do?  What are you guys doing?

#479 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Just thought I would let you Palace brides know about the contest we are running: Chance to Win 3 Nights at Aventura Spa Palace

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#480 Burlia

Burlia
                  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Does anyone have any information on when the new on-property spa contruction will be completed? I have read on tripadvisor that they are building a new one and also that there will be rooms for upgrade with swim up pools. Probably cannot afford the fancy room, but a on site spa would be great. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users