Photo

Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
2187 replies to this topic

#1141 mdcoug

mdcoug
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

OK so now I have questions about flowers. Can anyone who has gotten their flowers from Beaches, tell me how expensive is expensive? Can you give me an idea price wise. I am looking at possibly using the real touch flowers but some of the site I have looked at seem a tad expensive as well. I am also wondering how hard is it to travel with the flowers?

#1142 RachelBride

RachelBride
    • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick question regarding OOT Bags/Welcome Bags/Wedding Survival Kits. 

Should every guest receive one or should we just give 1 per room?? I love the idea of giving the little ones beach pales/toys so we're definately going with that.

#1143 Kendall

Kendall
      • 234 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

We did 1 per family.  So in the room with my sister, her husband and kids, we did 1 bag ... but in 1 room we had 4 single guests - so we did one for each of them.

#1144 RachelBride

RachelBride
        • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Kendall!.. That's a great idea and a money saver! =]

#1145 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

We did one per couple/family and one per single

#1146 melissa43

melissa43
            • 78 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

I was wondering how everyone's planning session with Roxi has been.  I have a meeting scheduled in a few weeks.

#1147 Trimalusta

Trimalusta
              • 186 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

We also did one per couple/family and one per single person.  I have three single friends coming, all sharing  a room and gave them each one.  We also gave ours out before the trip, so they can pack their own. 

Beaches Negril, 9/24/2011.

#1148 wendy5512

wendy5512
                • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

RachelBride and Melissa43, 

I think you both were wondering about Roxi, the new WC in Miami since Monica now has a different position.  I had my call with her last month, and suspect she is as helpful as any person who reads a script and works on a sales commission.  I was excited and tried to go off script and she asked me to wait until the end to ask any questions.  I asked her some questions at the end, such as whether the Beaches Island BBQ Party is still on Friday evenings since it looks like I will only have a group of 9 rooms and won't get the "free" welcome/ reception dinner, and she said she'd have to call the resort directly to find out about that; I asked her to do so, but I never heard back from her.  I really wish I had used a travel agent versus calling the Beaches 800 number to make my initial booking, but I know it will all turn out fine.  I am really grateful for all the good advice, suggestions and inspiration from everyone on this site.  YAY!

I asked about the floral upgrades, and she said she could look into it if I gave her a code from the floral brochure, acting like it was a hassle.  Try not to get frustrated, and don't pay for anything during your consultation call.  Let her draw up an invoice and email it to you to think about.  Then you can see how much all the extras add up to so you can weigh the pros and cons of the add-ons before calling back to finalize anything.  I think I remember reading in earlier posts that you really don't have to finalize anything until you arrive unless you are upgrading flowers, but I defer to the past Beaches brides who can definitely guide us better :)

#1149 wendy5512

wendy5512
                  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

Trimalusta!!!  Saturday is your day!  I am so excited for you!  I know you're now going to Jamaica instead of T&C due to the storm, but let us know all about it when you get back :)

#1150 wendy5512

wendy5512
                    • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Mdcoug,

I asked about upgrading the BB flowers to the Island Paradise ones (pinks, oranges, yellows).  I was told the bouquet is $450, and the boutonniere is $25.  I am guessing most of the upgrades run about the same, but I remember reading someone else just added some more stems to the existing bouquet or did a round one instead of long, and it was about an $85 upgrade.  Let us know what you hear when you have your call with Roxi :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users