Photo

All inclusive or not? Which is more cost-effective?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 rdfire2

rdfire2
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hi CamLovesJA!  We are getting married in Jamaica and would love to hear how your wedding went and what you'd recommend!  Hope everything was gorgeous for you and you had your dream wedding!

#42 SparksFly

SparksFly
    • 219 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

All-Inclusive here!

My fiance like the close proximity to the airport, and being able to pay one price and not have to worry about anything else!

I stayed at the JW Marriott in Cancun, and I was spending$100 in drinks a day (12 dollars a pop+ tip)! Also meals were 25-50 dollars a person at the restaurants.

Same thing at the Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas....food and drink was close to $150-$200 extra a day.

At an all inclusive I don't have to feel bad if I didn't like my dinner, because I can always pick something else without worrying about cost.

#43 Alvatour

Alvatour
      • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

For any type of trip, use your travel agent as your best resource on travel opportunities, best deals available, general information, such as destination, value preposition, travel documentation, travel protection, and more. Check us out: www.alvatourcruises.com or send us an email: viviane@alvatourcruises.com for more information!

#44 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
        • 174 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

We were struggling with this question too when we decided on a destination wedding. We went with an all-inclusive because it offers entertainment, activities, food and drinks. We are staying at a Gran Bahia Resort ( stay at 1 and play at 3 type resort), so this will give us and our guests privacy if needed. I know all inclusive is more costly, but I rather pay a little bit more and enjoy my vacation stress free. 

#45 MCree

MCree
          • 276 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

I was unsure at first, but upon doing a price breakdown of both with and without all-inclusive costs, all inclusive takes the cake! For me personally, it came out much cheaper when you consider everything you get when booking at an all inclusive in the long run! 

#46 Carolzinha18

Carolzinha18
            • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Let me know how your wedding goes! I'm looking into Moon Palace as well but a bit afraid....

Congrats!!!!

#47 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
              • 174 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Glad to hear!! Happy planning :)

Originally Posted by MCree 

I was unsure at first, but upon doing a price breakdown of both with and without all-inclusive costs, all inclusive takes the cake! For me personally, it came out much cheaper when you consider everything you get when booking at an all inclusive in the long run! 

#48 Sharonte

Sharonte
                • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

I prefer all inclusive that way you don't have to worry about anything while your vacationing everything is already paid for and the only thing you need to do is relax and have fun.

#49 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
                  • 450 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

For us, the AI or non-AI decision was very easy.  The reason that my fiance and I decided on a DW in the first place, was so that we could spend quality time with our families without any stress.  We both live far from our families and do not get to visit very often.  A DW would allow us to have an entire week with our loved ones that was completely care free.  No one has to cook, clean, or feel the need to "host".  An AI resort fit that perfectly for us.  I can't wait to see my parents and sisters and spend an entire week with them.  (I haven't seen one of my sisters in over a year!  At the time of our wedding we will be reunited after almost 2 years of not seeing each other.  I can't wait!).

#50 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
                  • 296 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

for weddings - all inclusive is pretty much always cheaper

for guests/normal holidays-  all inclusive often works out cheaper but i think it depends what activities you want to do while there

eg if youre there for a week and you know that you want to do several all day tours (eg pass the day at chichen itza, a day at xcaret, cozumel day or whatever) and go to places like coco bongo at night...maybe it wouldnt be cheaper. as youd virtually be passing no time in the hotel.

if your plan is to relax and spend all the time in pool/sea eating and drinking (like my plan haha) AI works out better than paying a hotel per drink/meal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users