Photo

tanning bed or spray tan?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 islandbride8

islandbride8
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

I will definately be laying in the sun bed.  Depends on your skin type, but when I get there I WILL burn if i don't have a good base tan.  I also always have a bad reaction to ocean water and get a bad rash, the tanning helps dry out my skin and the rash doesn't come!  If you do spray tan, be sure to pack a high SPF sunscreen so you're not tomato bride (J/K). 

#12 Banksnelson

Banksnelson
    • 109 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Ooh I'm glad I read this. I was planning on trying out the spray tanning but I dont want to be sweating tan onto my dress! I didnt even think of that. I also thought it lasted longer than 3 days. Guess its the tanning bed for me too. Thanks!

Originally Posted by JLR1726 

I am a spray tan queen but i will be tanning in a bed months before i go even though i worry about my skin.  i have opted to not do the spray tan because it will get all over your dress if you are sweating, even if it is a few days old! just think, you dont want to have tanning stuff all over your pretty dress and stress about it! if you do end up gettting sprayed make sure it is airbrush. it looks better and lasts longer

#13 JLR1726

JLR1726
      • 187 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

yeah. spray tans are super fun when you are wearing white LOL

Originally Posted by Banksnelson 

Ooh I'm glad I read this. I was planning on trying out the spray tanning but I dont want to be sweating tan onto my dress! I didnt even think of that. I also thought it lasted longer than 3 days. Guess its the tanning bed for me too. Thanks!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JLR1726 

I am a spray tan queen but i will be tanning in a bed months before i go even though i worry about my skin.  i have opted to not do the spray tan because it will get all over your dress if you are sweating, even if it is a few days old! just think, you dont want to have tanning stuff all over your pretty dress and stress about it! if you do end up gettting sprayed make sure it is airbrush. it looks better and lasts longer

#14 schmizer

schmizer
        • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

I am really fair-skinned and love spray tanning because I actually get color that looks real.  For my wedding, I am booking a Makeup artist that will do a hand sprayed application, but will also probably spend some time in a bed so my skin can get used to the sun exposure.  I am planning on using alot of sunscreen!

#15 lesley_mexico_bride

lesley_mexico_bride
          • 230 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:51 AM

How much before your wedding are you planning on bed tanning? a month? two? My wedding is now less than 5 months away!

I used to spray tan all the time until my fiance fessed up and said he thought it looked weird on me, and I have olive skin! I don't bed tan because I used to work at MD Anderson Cancer Center and that just freaked me out! I am not going to spray tan before the wedding because of it fading and getting on my dress, plus I hear it looks weird in pictures. So I think I will bed tan the minimal amount of time before the wedding.

#16 jana297

jana297
            • 646 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hmmm never thought of it getting all over my dress!! My plight is that I am a redhead and will get tons of freckles if I tan!! HMMMM what to do!!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
              April 6, 2012

#17 Teira1031

Teira1031
              • 766 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

I would say do real tanning but if you decide you want a spray tan also then i would make sure to pay the extra $$$ to get airbrushed rather than in a spray tan booth, less chance of having any issues and/or streaks, it will be more even and probably wont have that orangy color some people get from spray tanning booths

#18 asayle

asayle
                • 37 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

With tanning technology, you only need to start two weeks before if you plan to go in three times a week.  If you are very fair skinned, you may need to start a month out so that they can put you in the bed for only a couple minutes the first few times.  I am pretty pale, but I tan well, so six times is what it takes -- going in at around 10 minutes each time. It's not SUPER dark, but definitely tan and still natural enough that I don't stick out that badly in snowy Colorado!  

Originally Posted by lesley_mexico_bride 

How much before your wedding are you planning on bed tanning? a month? two? My wedding is now less than 5 months away!

I used to spray tan all the time until my fiance fessed up and said he thought it looked weird on me, and I have olive skin! I don't bed tan because I used to work at MD Anderson Cancer Center and that just freaked me out! I am not going to spray tan before the wedding because of it fading and getting on my dress, plus I hear it looks weird in pictures. So I think I will bed tan the minimal amount of time before the wedding.

The fun starts ... February 22, 2011!

#19 bride2be31011

bride2be31011
                  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

I didn't want to bed tan either because of all the horror stories!! But with my wedding March 10, I just started tanning a couple days a week in the higher level beds in the middle of December.  At the tanning salon I go to, they just got a new spray tan that's called the "VersaSpa Spray Tan Booth."  Which they say is suppose to be the best one out there and doesn't rub off on clothes or anything.  Here's a link to the VersaSpa website if you wanna check it out.....

#20 Lindslou

Lindslou
                    • 187 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

WTF, really a peeping tom, I hope you complained to someone about that

Looking to share a photographer the middle of Feb 2011 in Holguin Cuba

http://tickers.Ticke....35f2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users