Sign in to follow this  
bride2be31011

want to do sand ceremony, but....

I'm not really sure how to travel back home with the sand.  Do any of you know any good websites that have travel friendly vases or picture frames?  And can I take the container with me as a carry-on?

Another link for frames:

http://www.sayanythingceramics.com/sand_ceremony_frames.php

My plan is to use a frame and take some tape to make sure the top stays on in transit.  I do plan on bringing the filled frame back in my carryon luggage.  One thing I have heard is that they sand can shift during transit if it isn't full.  So after the ceremony before packing everything up, I think I will be sure to repeatedly tap and fill the frame so it is nice and full.

I got a corked vase and carried it on the plane with me.  My WC screwed mine up before I left Mexico, but I think it would have been fine otherwise.

You can see mine in my planning thread in my siggy.

Thanks for the input ladies! I've also been told that I could pack the vase with cotton balls to prevent from any shifting of the sand? But I do like the corked vase idea and possibly getting it personalized.

Michaels has their shadow boxes on sale this week. Here's a good chance to pick one up. I bought a pack of three for $14.99. Not sure what I'm going to do about adding our picture to it.