Wendy's Planning Journal Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Wedding

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 CamLovesJA

• 301 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

Thank you for all the info. You are amazing at getting back to peoples questions even after your wedding and you don't even need to be on here. Really appreciate it, thanks again x

Originally Posted by wendyjd 

Camilla, the evening show that the entertainment crew does.  I saw at least 3 different brides in their dresses, maybe 4, I can't remember if I saw Jenn or not at the evening show which starts about 9:30, sometimes its audience participation and sometimes not.  We ended up with 2 bottles of rum for participating.

We brought the pink chair bows (so did Jenn).  Iberostar has white, silver and maybe gold.  I had planned to use theirs but our chair bows arrived for our AHR before we left so we took a package.  The flower decorated huppa was not my wedding but they were fresh flowers. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

#42 Amiep603

• 184 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

everything looks great!! love the beer

#43 CamLovesJA

• 301 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

I just looked at all the wedding pics and TTD on Marcia Roberts page. they are amazing! x

#44 Tina5978

• 231 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:43 AM

Wendy I just saw your pics, they are stunning!  Your smile is contagious, you look like you're having the time of your life.  So happy for you honey, thanks for staying on the thread and guiding the rest of us with your experience :)  

Wishing you a blessed marriage.

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
          Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#45 sashk2006

• 37 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

you did amazing! and we got the same dress :-)

#46 nmurch

• 396 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

your rings are SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! great planning thread! love your dress + shoes!

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#47 Islandgirl910

• 594 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

Wow GOOD JOB with making the invites yourself! Now you have me second guessing getting mine made professionally and perhaps trying them myself as well!

Originally Posted by wendyjd 

We just returned from Jamaica and had an amazing time there.  Thanks to Tammy for creating and maintaining this amazing site.  And thanks to all the girls whose templates I used for all our wonderful wedding creations.

Mark and I were engaged over a year ago.  I thought he was joking when he proposed.  We have both been married before and I vowed never to do it again.  Then one evening while getting ready to go out he drops a ring box in my hand and just stares at me;  I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry or jump for joy.  I guess the answer is obvious now but at the time he wasn’t sure.  I did say yes after a few minutes of staring at it.  All this happened in our bathroom.

After a long decision (and some family drama) we decided on a destination wedding in Jamaica at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.   We took 7 people with us, during our week there we had a 5 yr anniversary, a 10 year anniversary and a 1 year divorcary.  My brother did not travel with us as he wouldn’t fly but his fianc© and his daughter were there to represent him.  We all had a blast and I can't imagine not doing a DW!!!  I have ZERO regrets about this decision.

We sent out save the date luggage tags, below is the thread with them (I can't find a pic to post here but its in the link):

We used vistaprint for our AHR invites (we sent to people who didn’t get wedding invites).  That’s next weekend so I’ll let you know how that goes later. 

#48 eholt

• 528 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

Did you provide copies of your birth certificate or the originals?  I know I have read about this on here somewhere but I can not find it right now.

May 19, 2011
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                  Montego Bay, Jamaica

#49 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

copies that were notarized.

Originally Posted by eholt 

Did you provide copies of your birth certificate or the originals?  I know I have read about this on here somewhere but I can not find it right now.

Island girl--give it a shot, but plan for some tedious cutting/corner cutting, and editing.

#50 farlem311

• 219 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Cute dress!!!  Thanks for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users