Photo

Im gonna slap somebody!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gatorgirl

Gatorgirl
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

If ONE MORE PERSON tells me that they don't like to fly, I promise you, I'm gonna slap somebody. Why do people think that you should change what you want for the sake of them coming.  If you're not coming, so be it. Its cheaper for me anyway. LOL. Its so selfish and inconsiderate for people to expect you to accommodate them on your day!  If you wanna participate, you have to be on my schedule. Just that simple.

We are doing a Destination Wedding regardless of who shows up!

I know i'm not the only one who feels this way :)

#2 STBMrsBW

STBMrsBW
    • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

I don't like to fly, lol!! Just kidding! Just don't slap anyone, you don't want to get into real trouble!! Put a tack in their chair and see them scream and get a little laugh outta it. I know, sounds evil, that is just my morning mood today.

#3 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

Yep! Heard this one a couple of times, but I really think its they can't afford it but they are embarrassed to say that, so they just say they dont like to fly and these are all people who I have known to fly places all the time.

#4 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
        • 899 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

Lol!  That's right.  It's your day and you do what you want!!

I had one friend try to convince me to get married at Disney b/c she loves it there.  But, she was just thinking about my guests.  I'm like, hello, I'm thinking of my guests as well, and trying to keep the cost down.  But, push come to shove, it's my day and as you said ~ come or don't come, I'm getting married on a beach and it's going to be great!

#5 ReeRee

ReeRee
          • 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:17 AM

I feel you on this!! It is your day and if they are good friends to you, they will cater to your needs, not theirs.  Throughout the planning of my wedding, I found out who's real friends and who are not. It was a good learning process for me. 

#6 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
            • Banned
            • 206 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

I know what you mean...having a destination wedding means there will inevitebly be someone who isn't happy for one reason or another.

I've got a few random family members who seem a put put off that they're not invited but we found it easier (not to mention cheaper) to just invite immediate family.  We have many family members who would not be able to afford the trip and and a few who would have no problem paying for it.  We chose not to extend invitiations to any of them because we didn't want anyone to feel like they had to find a way to pay for such an expensive trip.  And we didn't want to exclude the "less wealthy" people by just inviting those who we knew could afford it.

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't! 

~~ Lea ~~
              January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
              (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#7 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

Lol!  That's right.  It's your day and you do what you want!!

I had one friend try to convince me to get married at Disney b/c she loves it there.  But, she was just thinking about my guests.  I'm like, hello, I'm thinking of my guests as well, and trying to keep the cost down.  But, push come to shove, it's my day and as you said ~ come or don't come, I'm getting married on a beach and it's going to be great!

I read your comment and thought thank goodness I'm not the only one. My sister asked me to change the date because their flight leaves early the next day and they don't want to be tired and rushed. Oh, I'm sorry my wedding is getting in the way of your vacation. We actually picked our wedding , Good Friday, so that our friends could attend and not have to take a lot of time off work. When I told her this, she said "who?" and then followed it up with "well, if they don't come will you change it." I've always been told that it's the brides day, but apparently in my family it's always my sister's day.

And then today I reminded my dad that when they make their reservations they need to ask to be put in our wedding group. His response was that it was probably easier for me to do that and not expect people to ask. "Umm.... you're already on the phone with the resort!" So once again, sorry if our wedding is getting in the way of your vacation.

Thank goodness I have a wonderful FI that is supportive and keeps telling me to just ignore their comments. I work 6 days a week and am stuck at work anytime that I might be able to contact my WC. You would think that at least your parents would be a little helpful.

#8 Sallee

Sallee
                • 255 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:50 AM

To avoid all of this we didnt invite ANYONE to our day and those who want to be there have asked if they can join us !!!! no whinging about flights dates etc RESULT !!!!

#9 Monique

Monique
                  • 415 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sallee 

To avoid all of this we didnt invite ANYONE to our day and those who want to be there have asked if they can join us !!!! no whinging about flights dates etc RESULT !!!!

LOVELY....Easy Breezy!

#10 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Now when people complain I tell them I don't care if they are there. Don't expect too much respect back from me when you have a negative attitude!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users