Hurrican Dean- Jamaica & Cancun Brides- lets keep our fingers crossed
Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:41 PM
I keep telling myself this right now as well. I know there is just a tropical storm watch for Cuba, but anything can happen. So, we just have to be positive and know that it will all work out in the end. Look at what happened with the wedding that Matt was the photog at
It turned out so well and now they have great stories to tell. But, all of us have enough time to change our locations, we will not get stuck like these people did.
Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:08 PM
Yes I've F***ing heard!
And then the next things out of their mouths are..."what are you going to do if your hotel is destroyed?!?!"
So much for making the bride feel better.
I know it's not my fault, and there is nothing I can do about it..but I feel like 90 people are going to be pissed at me if their trips are ruined!
Last year, October 12 (and the whole week) was picture perfect... how was I suppose to know that a year later Dean would come roaring in like a bad ex-boyfriend!
Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us BDW girls that are on pins and needles right now... and of course for all the people that call the affected areas home.
Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:38 PM
Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:01 PM
Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:23 PM
| Originally Posted by Trista |
I am on hold right now as we speak waiting to speak to a representative to completely cancel our trip before it gets too busy...I am so bummed right now..We watched a news forecast and its concrete to me that we will not be going, the hit that is about to take place is worse than anything in 2 decades, so we certainly do not want to go while the city is flooded and so forth..I don't even think we would be able to get a flight, even if we wanted to..
So with this sad news, I am now officially trying to close things up and try to have my money returned...I have no idea where or when we will go..I am so sad right now..
I feel like I am jinxed (not sure of spelling), we had a major flood 3 weeks ago in our home, then last night my computer died, (more money) and this HUGE cancellation..I am really sad right now..
Thanks girls for all your efforts, its so appreciated..
Nadine: what is your plan "B"?
We're giving it till tomorrow to see how bad the damange is. MoBay is on the north side so I'm hoping it didn't get hit that bad.
Our plan "B" is to push our Jamaica trip to probably next Feb. Then we'll just get married here in NC at the courthouse....have a small party with a few really good friends here...very lowkey and spur of the momentish....then we'll spend a few days over on the coast here...sort of a mini-honeymoon.
Then we'll still have our AHR in December...in Texas....and then take our real honeymoon to Jamaica in Feb.
I'm not a big fan of Plan B....I'll have to redo announcements and see if my parents can fix travel plans...we'll have to fix travel plans and pay out even more money that we don't really have.
But we'll see. I'm trying to stay positive and my FI is trying to stay realistic. So we make a good team.
Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:43 PM
You're both in my thoughts, I hope it all works out for you. So sorry this is happening!
Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:50 PM
Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:59 PM
Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:50 PM
Here's the link to the radio station, I love listening to their lovely accents!
The Weather Radio Broadcast Network "Where Weather Radio Just Got Better"!
My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users