Photo

*Post all your Wedding Insurance / Travel Insurance Info and Questions here*

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#131 HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

I didn't even know you could insure your wedding until I began diving into the whole DW research and came across a lot of people who were getting wedding insurance.

What's wedding insurance? Wedding insurance are policies specifically designed to protect you from financial loss in the event your wedding must be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances beyond your control, or if one of the major elements of your wedding (e.g., photographs, wedding attire, and/or gifts) is lost or damaged. For instance, if your wedding dress is lost or damaged in the process of it being shipped or flown to the destination, you're covered. If the photographers fail to show or if they go out of business and you're forced to book a more expensive photographer as a result, you're covered. If a natural disaster or "Swine Flu"-like event occurs, you're covered on any lost deposits. If in the midst of your frenzied wedding day your wedding bands are lost, you're covered. I think you get the picture.

Usually you tailor the coverage to fit your needs. Not everyone spends the same amount on their wedding, so some may find they need more coverage than others. In short, I think it's worth looking into. Your wedding is a huge financial investment. You'll probably spend as much, if not more, on your wedding as you would on your car, and your car is insured, so do the same for one of the most memorable days of your life.

Wedding insurance premiums can range from $150 - $1,000. There are many vendors that sell wedding insurance. I myself am going with Travelers, since they seem to be a little more well known and well-established. You can find more about them by visiting: Wedding Insurance | Travelers Wedding Protector Plan.

Here are some other articles to read if you wish to know more:
    Wedding Channel
    About.com
    Top Reasons for Wedding Claims
    Wedding Insurance Catches On

#132 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

This is so helpful thank you. It is something I never considered but will definetly look into now.
      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#133 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

I purchased it and thankfully didn't need it. But, my FIL had scheduled hip replacement surgery for a few months before our wedding, and both of my parents are older. So, just in case they were suddenly not able to travel, I wanted to be financially covered. I felt better having it.
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#134 hsims1

hsims1
        • 356 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for sharing. I now have my fiancee on top of getting us some wedding insurance. :-)

#135 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:59 AM

Maybe a very stupid question, but I have read different postings on travel insurance. How much is the average price, what does it typically cover and is it worth it?

#136 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
            • 291 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

Travel insurance is definately definately worth it. But shop around coz you can get quotes that very massively.

In 2006 I went snowboarding in Franc - I had really cheap travel insurance that really only covered the basics - but thank god I did - I fell awkwardly in my class and broke my wrist - after the snow ambulance, emergency medical, emergency cast, transfer to hospital, xrays, flying in my anasteiologist and surgoen (my wristbroke right through and he bones and moved) follow up and 2 nights in holidays my total bill was $84,000euros!!! my travel insurance covered the lot, and follow up physio appointments, and the change to my travel plans.

i am recommending that my guests my age check out world nomads- they cover more adventerous activities and have great reviews - and are pretty cheap to boot!

#137 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
              • 303 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

Good idea - thanks. I hope that nobody ever has to use it.

#138 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

Thanks so much for the advice! I hope you are all healed from your wrist fracture. What a horrible thing to happen on vacation! BTW, I love your poem! Is that the real story of how you met and fell in love?

#139 waltandjean

waltandjean
                  • 177 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:06 AM

Thank you for this... I didn't even know this exisited! I will def. be checking into this!

#140 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
                    • 291 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

Yep thats the real story.

Sounds waaay more romantic than it actually was :)

Wrist is fine, but I have never been so greatful for travel insurance in my life! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users