Punta Cana Weather in October?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hi Bride Loving CJ!

I just looked at the NH Royal Beach and it is FABULOUS!  I don't know why i didnt see this before. Do you mind sharing details of the wedding info you've found?  How many guests are you having?  I should have about 50 people traveling with us.  Just curious if your group is that large.  Thanks for bringing this resort to my attention.  While i love the Paradisus, it looks like NH is just as nice and modern.  Thanks in advance for your time and info!  :-)

Originally Posted by Bride Loving CJ 

I believe you are right next door. I am at nh-RoyalBeach/nh-Real Arena

Punta_Cana_Resort_and_Golf_courses_Map.jpg

#12 MrsBethBittner

MrsBethBittner
    • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

I also am (in the very beginning stages of) planning a wedding October 10, 2011! I was thinking of Punta Cana, but haven't made my final decision yet! I came here to get some much needed advice!! How did you choose Punta Cana? Which resort are you going with? Congrats to you!!

#13 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
      • 244 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

Not trying to scare anyone or deter you from an October wedding, but I also considered an October wedding until I read that it was hurricane season in the DR.  I'm sure chances are slim, but it made me too nervous to risk it.

#14 FutureMrsTO

FutureMrsTO
        • 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:49 AM

Just had my wedding in PC October 9th....

the weather in general was BEAUTIFUL!!

it was like high 80's low 90's.  Some days it rained but it was passing rain and only for a few minutes.

It actually rained the morning of my wedding all morning! But cleared up well before the ceremony began.

I dont think you have anything to worry about!!

best wishes!

#15 ChiStine2012

ChiStine2012
          • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

Hi! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited too. I rescheduled from September 01 to October 11, 2012. Please let me know how your wedding goes! Good luck!!!

#16 Skygirl

Skygirl
            • 512 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

I have been in DR few years back in October(last week of october)and it was nice, a little humid, but nice. I am myself planning an October 2012 wedding there, as far as a hurricane it can be either hit or miss. Hope it will be a miss for me.

#17 Pandura

Pandura
              • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Our wedding is also in October....we're honeymooning @ the reserve at the Paradisus. I can't wait!!!!!

#18 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
                • 166 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

I know October is hurricane season and it can be a risk of course....but my birthday is in October and I have gone to DR twice and bahamas and jamaica in the month of October and have been lucky every time. The only thing is sometimes it will rain for 20 minutes during the day or for an hour in the evening. Best of luck!

#19 smlalwz

smlalwz
                  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

Im getting married there next October as well....prior to booking I did a lot of research and asked a lot of friends who had been there in October and they all told me that the weather was beautiful!  We are getting married at Excellence!  Have you decided on your venue??  Good luck!

#20 MrandMrsBonitto2016

MrandMrsBonitto2016
                    • 321 posts
                    • Wedding Date:December 14, 2016
                    • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic~Kukua/ Staying at Dreams Palm Beach
                    • LocationNew York City

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

October is the end of hurricane season. I sure hope the weather is beautiful :(

Edited by MrandMrsBonitto2016, 17 September 2014 - 07:23 AM.

Future Mrs. Bonitto 12/14/16

30ag12yqu333h.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users