Photo

What did you do with your stuff after the wedding?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

For those who shipped items (or are planning to) (ex: DIY aisle runners,centerpieces, dresses, etc) for their weddings to their destination...I was wondering what do you do with the items when you are done with your wedding? Do you ship them back home? I am not planning to have an AHR when we return, so I would see no use for some items.
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

I still haven't figured out what to do with some stuff. I left a lot with my grandma to donate to her church or their sister church (which supports a lot of the migrant workers in the area)
    at the end of the night I told people to take the centerpieces, which they were more than happy to do so.
    You could always leave some things with the resort, maybe they could be used for another bride in the future.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

I gave things to my mom and MIL and they brought them back home.. the only thing I left there was the torches.. the hotel made this deal with me, they bought the fuel and I left the torches there.. which was a good deal 'cause I spent more money to send them to cancun than what the actually cost.. ($2 each and bought 15)

#4 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

This was a great question...I am bumping it to see what others are doing/have done?

I was thinking I might just leave it for the wedding coordinator like votives and stuff...I don't know what I would do w/ all those..

#5 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

I never really thought about this, but I guess I'll leave most of it there. I don't really want to lug home a bunch of votive holders, table number frames, etc. Hopefully the ROR will use them for a future BDW bride!
          Whatever I do bring home (i.e. my dress), I'll most likely try to sell.

#6 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

I've been thinking about this for a while now too. I'll probably just let my WC keep it. If it's something that I can use again, then I'll bring it back

#7 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

i left all of my stuff there...not on purpose, but just b/c it wasn't the first thing on my mind...so a few lucky brides will have access to 40+ tea light holders and some 400+ tea lights...i'd say that i'd like it back, but if i had it here, i probably would have thrown it all out or tried to sell everything.
              funny side note: we had cookies from pie in the sky bakery on the table as thank yous....apparently some people forgot them and they were taken by workers at dreams...we saw a few workers eating them the next day!

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

I'm trying to make a deal to sell some of my stuff to the resort or get some sort of service credit. Either way, I'll probably leave most of it there. I am having an AHR so things like chair bows, etc I will bring home. I'm actully not bringing too much stuff down. I'll just use the resort's candle holders, etc. All of the stuff for the OOT bags will be used or taken home by the guests.

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

I would suggest talking to the resort to see if they would be interested in purchasing them off you.

I brought some stuff back- a few vases, but accidentally forgot most of it. That was the last thing I was thinking about. Now LC brides can use my capiz shells. I wanted to bring those back though! I wanted to make a cool chandelier out of them for my bathroom. Oh well.
                  Happily married since 2008

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:34 PM

I completely forgot to even think about rounding up my stuff. So either Cabo Surf or my coordinator ended up with my chair ties, a butt load of tealight candles & whatever else I brought with me. Oops!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users