Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

Michael is originally from Victoria, and after I graduated I moved out to Vancouver. I love it here, but I'm also excited to move back to Toronto where my family lives.

hiking the trails nearby Vancouver:
http://i269.photobuc....79cb63242c.jpg

Downtown Vancouver:

last pic of me skating on the canal in Ottawa (where I went for University) a month before I moved out to Vancouver:

http://i269.photobuc....379cb632-1.jpg

my first year of university I lived right off of the canal and I used to skate to and from school...it was my favorite especially coming home after a night at the campus pub and stopping to get "beaver tails" (flat doughnut..yumm)

#2 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

OMG I remember beaver tails on the canal. We lived in Ottawa for a few years growing up. I can't remember many things about ottawa except the science museum and the crooked kitchen and beaver tails on the canal.

#3 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

that's so fun! I loved Ottawa! whereabouts did you live?

#4 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

I love vancouver, its so beautiful. and victoria is amazing. I haven't been to Ottawa...a best friend of mine moved to calgary when we were kids. Her parents bought a house in vancouver and i frequently visited them.

#5 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

Thats the coolest thing I have ever seen!!! You skate around?? and it looks soooo beautiful!

#6 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

yea the canal goes through Ottawa, and you can skate from downtown to the university ..its really fun. All along the way you can have hot chocolate, apple cider, beaver tails etc... (to put back all the calories you burned skating haha)

#7 seaprincess

seaprincess
      • 753 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

I grew up in Ottawa, and the FI and I love living here. We feel that it's the perfect place to raise a family (especially since most of our fam is here). We love the Canal and all the nature trails. We moved in together after university (U of O!!) and decided to move to Sandy Hill which is definetly fun, but when we decided to buy, we moved to the West End. Thats so fun that you lived in Ottawa..we are definetly a minority on this forum! Good luck planning!
        Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#8 starfish 1115

starfish 1115
        • 79 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

I went to Carleton, ahh! I remember it well. And I love Toronto. I just spent last summer there - it was great! And I got engaged. Yeah!! Congratulations and great job!

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

So here's a stupid question- can you get a Skating While Intoxicated (SWI)? People in the US can get it for riding bikes, skateboards while intoxicated. Just wondering because skating back home for a pub sounds like fun!
            Happily married since 2008

#10 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

lol well luckly they don't have anyone checking intoxication levels before getting on the canal. It's probably not the safest thing but its loads of fun! haha!

Ottawa was my favorite, I wish I could go back in time to my Carleton days :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users