Photo

Capiz Shell Curtain

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi Ladies, so from experience I know on this forum, ask and you shall receive. I have been on the hunt for white capiz shell curtains. I know in the "Show us your Chuppah inspiration/ideas" thread KarenM was able to share with me that she got her curtains from Beaded Curtains, Door Beads, Bed Canopies, Chandeliers, Special Event Decor, String Curtains, Teen Bedrooms @ www.shopwildthings.com however they no longer carry the curtains in white. I was however put on a waiting list. The rep that I spoke to (Tina) said they have had so many requests for it that they may just start getting them in again but truthfully she said they haven't carried it since December 2009. I really would like to use this curtain in my chuppah since its the only decoration FI and I both istantly liked. I have searched the internet high and low and can't seem to find them. I also found a website Welcome to Boutiqueful - Your One-Stop Shop for All your needs but they have discontinued this item. Can anyone help me find this curtain...I would need two.....help....please!

#2 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Try this place
      Capiz Shell Interior decorating, Capiz tile, Natural Wallcoverings and Surfacing, Murals Capiz, Natural Jewelry.

#3 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

These are kinda different
        Capiz Shell Curtain
        Your right though a lot of places are sold out of them.

#4 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
        • 222 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

I tried that too with no luck. I was going to attempt to make them myself but the shells were pricey. So I made a hanging/floating orchid backdrop instead.
          GL to you!

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

I bought mine two years ago at World Market. Not sure if they carry it anymore though.
            Happily married since 2008

#6 Brandy

Brandy
            • 2,628 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by *Rachel*
              I bought mine two years ago at World Market. Not sure if they carry it anymore though.
              Yea I beleive they were sold out as well

#7 wendyjd

wendyjd
              • 968 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

not just capiz shells, but its better than nothing.

Beaded Curtains Crystal Diamante and Faux Capiz - eBay (item 290450308662 end time Jul-31-10 07:56:55 PDT)

#8 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
                • 310 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hi Janine - Not sure if this is exactly what you will want, but try this site - Wholesale Wedding Supplies, Discount Wedding Favors, Party Favors, and Bulk Event Supplies under curtains & panels. Looks like they are in stock.

3' x 6' Foot Disc Beaded Curtain Panels - Faux Capiz Shell Curtains BEST SELLER! [EU302 Faux Capiz Shell Curtain] : Wholesale Wedding Supplies, Discount Wedding Favors, Party Favors, and Bulk Event Supplies

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#9 butterflyaniam

butterflyaniam
                  • 260 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

I want to use them on my wedding too. I am planning to buy the capiz chips from the website: Capiz Shell Interior decorating, Capiz tile, Natural Wallcoverings and Surfacing, Murals Capiz, Natural Jewelry. - $120 for 1000 shells. I will dye some of them myself and make the curtains on my own. Another DIY project:))

#10 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hey Janine, sorry you're having trouble finding these!

Here are some faux ones I found (they're way cheaper!)
                      Doorway Beaded Curtains Faux Capiz Shell

3' x 6' Foot Disc Beaded Curtain Panels - Faux Capiz Shell Curtains BEST SELLER! [EU302 Faux Capiz Shell Curtain] : Wholesale Wedding Supplies, Discount Wedding Favors, Party Favors, and Bulk Event Supplies

this one has faux capiz & crystals
                      Large Diamond Cut & Faux Capiz

This site sells individual strands /garland that you could hang from the canopy.
                      https://shop.thebrea....DGROUP_7-12-10

Or you could buy the shells & string them on fishing line
                      50 Capiz Shells Round 2" Shellcraft 2 Holes BULK WOW - eBay (item 270605947724 end time Aug-09-10 21:03:17 PDT)

And it looks like Cost Plus has blue & green, for anyone looking for those colors
                      Blue and Green Capiz Shell Curtain - Blinds & Beading - Cost Plus World Market

good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users