Photo

Travel costs in invitation?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sharyn

Sharyn
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

I was wondering whether or not to include the group booking price that we put a deposit on in the invitation or just mention that they can contact our travel agent for arrangements. I am having a passport invitation so room isn't an issue, I just don't know if it might scare people with the price tag.

#2 eholt

eholt
    • 528 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

I am choosing to leave the prices out of the invitation. My main reason is because I want people to have options in terms of # of days they stay and room upgrades, etc. I am not going through the trouble of listing that so they may discuss that with my TA when they contact her. I am also doing passport invites but I want them to stay classy and refer them to the TA. My close fam already has an idea of how much it will cost.
      Also something to consider, if you provide prices, it may lead guests to consult you and not you TA which is a pain as well.
      May 19, 2011
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
      Montego Bay, Jamaica
      http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#3 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

I think you should leave any mention of price out of the invitation. I think mentioning to contact the travel agent is best. Eholt is right you don't want a barrage of questions coming to you that should really be dealt with by your TA. Good luck!

#4 Sharyn

Sharyn
        • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

Thank you! That was my thought exactly but my FI was thinking we should include it.

#5 debbmach

debbmach
          • 1,457 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

I included all the pricing in the invite. I think my guests appreciated that because most ppl need to know the price before they decide if they can go, so only the ppl that could afford it contacted my TA. Just made it easy for everyone.
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#6 classadiva

classadiva
            • 685 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

I included the price in mine, but mine was not an AI and there was no travel agent to deal with. Surprisingly, many people did not look at our website to see the pricing info so it was good to include it. I also referred them to our website for further details.

#7 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
              • 282 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

I included the sample pricing, just so they could be prepared. I didn't want them making plans just to find out they could not afford it lol.

#8 kristy1980

kristy1980
                • 37 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

I also included pricing in the invitation but on a separate card, and most seemed to appreciate it. I think whatever you decide to do is fine. If you don't include pricing, it's an easy phone call to find out :)

#9 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
                  • 232 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

I put price information on our Save the Dates... I wanted to give as much information as possible about travel details. I won't be including it in the invite though, because hopefully most people will have already booked by the time invites come out!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#10 Vintage Bride

Vintage Bride
                    • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

We included the travel costs in our invites. It lets people know upfront how much they can expect to pay and whether this is in their budget. Why make your guests do more work then they have to? It also makes things easier on the travel agent, so they won't be overwhelmed with calls from people who just want to know pricing and then find out that they can't afford it. Of course it needs to be worded tactfully:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users