Photo

No joke...they lost my e ring

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

I'll post a pic tomorrow!! I don't have a camera right now.

#22 *Linds*

*Linds*
    • 5,776 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

woot! Can't wait to see it! It sounds beautiful!
      Loving married life! <3

#23 msglave

msglave
      • 933 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:58 AM

Glad you got a replacement! A few months after I got my ring, I attemped to clean it by putting it in a pot of boiling water with a little detergent. Anyway, I went to get in the shower and forgot. All of a sudden I smelled something...You guessed it! My beautiful ring was stuck to the pot and it was BLACK! The diamonds looked dingy burned yellow and the band was black. I scrubbed, cleaned, scrubbed and cleaned until finally it got back to almost normal. You talking about TERRIFIED!!! SMH!!!
        The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
        Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
        www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#24 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

That was fast! I'm glad everything worked out, but I'm with the other girls, need pics!

#25 Lua

Lua
          • 1,231 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:45 AM

just saw this now! glad to hear they took care of you and gave you a new and better ring! what a scare though!!! and what a pain too!

i had to leave my ring at our store several weeks ago to have my loose diamond fixed. i was paranoid the entire week thinking they might change my diamond or something.. thankfully all is a-ok. (my diamond is engraved with a serial# so that we'll always know for sure that it's mine)

i'm anxious to see what your new ring looks like! :)

#26 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
            • 265 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

glad to hear everything worked out and you got another ring.

#27 teshy1

teshy1
              • 162 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

How the eff does a jewellry store "lose" an engagement ring Sounds extremely suspicious. I feel really awful for you, ChicagoPT. That store should do everything in their power to rectify the situation.

#28 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                • 2,458 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by teshy1
                  How the eff does a jewellry store "lose" an engagement ring Sounds extremely suspicious. I feel really awful for you, ChicagoPT.
                  I completely agree...especially with all the security cameras that jewelry stores have. I would think they would have been able to track who was handling the ring and where it went.

I'm just glad they are giving you a more expensive ring...you def need to post pics!!
                  Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#29 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
                  • 307 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by hockeymom97
                    I completely agree...especially with all the security cameras that jewelry stores have. I would think they would have been able to track who was handling the ring and where it went.

I'm just glad they are giving you a more expensive ring...you def need to post pics!!
                    I know, right!! We looked yesterday for cameras and didnt see anything but Im sure they can be hidden. the lady that was rude to me initially and is the one that took my ring for repairs didnt even say anything to me. I asked what happened but they wouldnt say anything. this new ring though is making me feel better though. :) They basically gave us the price of the original ring x 2. I thought they should give us anything we wanted...rolex, necklaces, etc!!! haha!!

#30 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
                    • 307 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

Here is a pic...not the best. Rings are so damn hard to take a pic of!!

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users