Sign in to follow this  
hat0112

Do Not Play List

Have to agree with most of the "do not play" songs listed so far and add:

- Cottoneyed Joe (not sure who sings this, but definitely do not want to hear it)

- Stayin Alive (Bee Gees)

- Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler)

- Achy Breaky Heart (Billy Ray Cyrus)

- Conga

- Locomotion

- Limbo Rock

- Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton...beautiful song, but too sad to play at a wedding)

There are so many other great songs out there that are neutral to most guests, without having to use the same old over-played songs that are played at ever wedding ....sorry for my rant cheesy.gif

Completely agree with most of these! The only good thing about the cupid shuffle is that EVERYONE usually comes up to dance to it b/c they know how to do it!

My fiance also unfortunately refuses to have Madonna or Lady Gaga played at the reception.

Originally Posted by Mallory57 View Post

Lol the chicken dance, hokie pokie, YMCA, and Macerena are definitely on the do not play list!

Also, I know a lot of people like them, but the cha-cha slide, casper slide, electric slide, cupid shuffle are all banned for me!!

Thank god there's a few of us out there who want the silly songs played! YMCA, play that funky music, white wedding, chicken dance..........that's what makes a wedding a wedding :)

I do agree with the macarena, achy break heart and the hokey pokey tho....

What about 80's early 90s?

Kris Kross?

Good vibrations?

Woomp there it is?

Originally Posted by karyan View Post

Thank god there's a few of us out there who want the silly songs played! YMCA, play that funky music, white wedding, chicken dance..........that's what makes a wedding a wedding :)

I do agree with the macarena, achy break heart and the hokey pokey tho....

What about 80's early 90s?

Kris Kross?

Good vibrations?

Woomp there it is?

I would think it would be sooo fun to hear Kris Kross (Jump jump)!! lol! Good vibrations and whoomp there it is! Yes, please!!! lol

bump.gif I love all these ridiculous songs.... yes, even the bird dance.... I am limiting do not plays to hip hop and things with lyrics that grandparents and little children (or rather, their parents) will not find appropriate. Is there something else I am forgetting?