17 replies to this topic

#11 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:46 AM

boogie, monse is really great and actually really supportive of allowing outside vendors so i am sure it won't be a problem but def. keep that email just in case.

i know that they currently allow some outside vendors but may start only allowing preferred vendors soon but not sure exactly when that will happen.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 Boogies

Boogies
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

thanks for your help ladies! i will email both dj's and see what deals i can get from them.

tammy - vendors that are not allowed in Riu are florists, wedding coordinators and photographers. i didnt read anything about a DJ. but like i said, will definitely keep the email monse and paola sent me. btw, do you know which restaurant would be best to hold the reception with good food? we were thinking of the steakhouse but seems like everyone is picking the mexican restaurant. Thanks!

#13 kclyburn

kclyburn
    • 153 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=liljuicy;1322088]I think it was about 200 per hour for DJ services. We got a package deal so it was less because he also played guitar during our ceremony and provided sound systems and lighting. Hope it helps![/

Did you use Pacific Sound? How was his guitar playing?? I would love to check into that as well!

#14 susanna.hanson

susanna.hanson
      • 79 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=kclyburn;1326429]
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by liljuicy
        I think it was about 200 per hour for DJ services. We got a package deal so it was less because he also played guitar during our ceremony and provided sound systems and lighting. Hope it helps![/

Did you use Pacific Sound? How was his guitar playing?? I would love to check into that as well!
        I am looking into using Pacific Sound for my wedding as well. I have already been in contact with a guitarist for the ceremony so I wouldnt really need him for that but would like to have a DJ for the reception for around 4 hours. I am also interest in the sound system and lighting for the reception. Do you know what he charged you for that?

#15 pinayflava

pinayflava
        • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

has anyone heard of dj gaston montano? apparently that is who is DJ'ing my wedding and i booked it through the resort....

#16 susanna.hanson

susanna.hanson
          • 79 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=kclyburn;1326429]
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by liljuicy
            I think it was about 200 per hour for DJ services. We got a package deal so it was less because he also played guitar during our ceremony and provided sound systems and lighting. Hope it helps![/

I am looking into using Pacific Sound for my wedding as well. I have already been in contact with a guitarist for the ceremony so I wouldnt really need him for that but would like to have a DJ for the reception for around 4 hours. I am also interest in the sound system and lighting for the reception. Do you know what he charged you for that?

#17 Sealed with Spice

Sealed with Spice
            • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

I'm not entirely sure how it works in Cabo, but in Puerto Vallarta it is always recommended that each couple provide a "guideline form" to their coordinator to pass along to the DJ, particularly if you aren't familiar with him or are concerned about the music. List 10 artists/songs you love as well as songs/artists you really don't want to hear; any decent DJ should be able to use this as a guide to provide great music to start with and then continue to play what your guests are responding to in order to keep them on the dance floor all night long! Good luck!

#18 Crys

Crys
              • 76 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

The Riu Palace has told us that the DJ for the resort is Cedric Kaelin...has anyone heard of him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users