Winter OOT Bags

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lsjhik

• 157 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

I think I may be the only person here not going tropical for my destination wedding. Did I join the wrong website? Hehehe... So we are going to Sun Valley (snow town resort...like Aspen or Blackhomb but smaller) and I was hoping for some interesting winter ideas. I am starting searching for bargains now even though the wedding isn't until December. So far my ideas are:
    The $1 mittens that you can get at Target/Walmart
    Local maps/info
    Hand sanitizer

I feel like lots of things are missing....

#2 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

I think your destination is awesome! My fiance and I discussed getting married at Lake Tahoe (in the winter) before we decided on a summer wedding in the Dominican. I really like your ideas and think you're on the right track. You might still want to consider including aspirin for hangovers, band aids, or other hangover/first aid related items if you think you need more items. Also, a small bottle of lotion might be good since skin can get chapped in the cold weather. I love the mittens idea- so cute! The OOT bags can be as simple or extravagant as you want, your guests will love them no matter what...good luck!!

#3 cross

• 198 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:48 AM

Those are great ideas. You could also add a book or travel sized games, etc.

#4 Leigh17

• 339 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

If you're Christian, a Christmas ornament that goes with the theme of your wedding.

#5 A_J_Mitchell

• 252 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hand warmers for their ski gloves

#6 finleys7

• 703 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

How many people? That can change some ideas...the OOT bags can get quite expense.

We threw in the 3 pack of the Starbucks coffee, because hotel coffee sometimes is really bad!
              Travel Mugs
              Some warm dessert/snack...cookies are always a plus or any kind of chocolate.

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
              Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#7 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

I think a scarf would fit in nicely and its unisex. I just got back from Aspen a few weeks ago and I love wearing scarves cause I just don't get to in florida.

#8 msglave

• 933 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:57 AM

Glove warmers...that'll be nice!
                  The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                  Our keycard holders w/ template & pics

#9 selassie11

• 206 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

How about a personalized scarf or ear muffs! Oh and what about those instant hand warmer thingies they sell at the gas station (don't know where you live but I'm in PA!). Maybe a few packets of assorted teas...

#10 dby88

• 166 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

To go with the hot cocoa, I have seen chocolate dipped spoons with crushed candy canes. These would be pretty simple to DIY too. You could even incorporate your colors with a ribbon tied around the plastic baggie. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users