Photo

Tipping Photographers/Videographers/etc.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 GracieLR

GracieLR
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I've read somewhere that if the vendor owns their own company you do not need to tip them...Anyone heard of this??

For example if the photographer is the owner don't tip...but if they are an employee do.

#12 finleys7

finleys7
    • 703 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by GracieLR
      I've read somewhere that if the vendor owns their own company you do not need to tip them...Anyone heard of this??

For example if the photographer is the owner don't tip...but if they are an employee do.
      I think that if you get great service you should reward that with a tip whether they own the company or not. I gave my photographer a nice tip and she's the owner. Go by your budget (what you can and cannot do) and your experience.
      Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
      Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#13 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
      • 888 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

Etiquette says that you do not tip the proprietor, because they set the prices. So, if you have a photographer who owns the company and comes with an assistant, you may tip the assistant but not the photographer.

However, if the person goes well above and beyond, I do think it's ok to tip them anyway. I have tipped at times when I thought they did a fantastic job, but I didn't feel compelled if they just did a competent job.

#14 krizstyling

krizstyling
        • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

Such a great question. I wish there were a simple answer. I think most brides to be are going to have to go by their own judgement. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. I also do not think it is rude if you only tip 10%. Tip what you can and what you think they deserve. But again,t hat is just my humble opinion.

#15 msamanda

msamanda
          • 61 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

I didn't even think about tips!  Totally makes sense though, I know for my hair and make up they already tagged on a 15% tip!.  This sure could get expensive, I guess I will have to simply tip according to exceptional service. I'll have to check into the resort packages and see if tip is included etc in terms of the service staff etc.   Maybe I will beg my dad to look after the service staff, HAHA!

#16 michelie97

michelie97
            • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

now do you tip before or after you receive your videos and pictures?

#17 GreekFood

GreekFood
              • 165 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

I would guess that you tip on the day of the wedding. It might be months before you see pictures!

Punta Cana, DR 01.16.2012

61 booked and counting!

#18 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

Tipping is something I had not even considered!  Wow, wish I would had cause that affects our budget significantly.  I know that any services provided at the resort we are getting married at there is an 18% tip already added on, but the services we are using that arent provided from the resort I guess we will have to tip.

#19 dallace

dallace
                • 220 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

hmmm....something that we hadn't thought of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users