Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#581 ctpetch

ctpetch
  • Newbie
  • 130 posts

    Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandy
    Shannon, we saw your ceremony, and you didn't look all emotional and freaked out, you were absolutely beautiful!! In the golf cart you looked a little nervous, but I couldn't tell once you stepped out! It was very sweet.
    Mandy, You look beautiful...Love your pictures posted. Can't wait to see more.

    #582 shannon

    shannon
    • Member
    • 772 posts

      Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ctpetch
      Did anyone get their marriage certificate translated throught the resort & Lomas Travel?
      Hey Tracy- we got our marriage certificate translated through the resort.....

      #583 shannon

      shannon
      • Member
      • 772 posts

        Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ctpetch
        Mandy, You look beautiful...Love your pictures posted. Can't wait to see more.
        I agree!! - Mandy, I hope my pix are half as good as yours-- you were so beautiful!! and the turquoise blue was perfect as an accent color--- can't wait to see more!! :):)

        #584 Dreamgirl08

        Dreamgirl08
        • Jr. Member
        • 292 posts

          Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

          I'm curious to know, did anyone arrange for any activites or excursions for their guests before the wedding? I'm thinking of providing them with info about the local activities available but how should I do this. Is there a website or a telephone number that I can post on my wedding website for guests to use that will provide them with all this kind of info? Thanks

          #585 nolaroy724

          nolaroy724
          • Jr. Member
          • 308 posts

            Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
            I'm curious to know, did anyone arrange for any activites or excursions for their guests before the wedding? I'm thinking of providing them with info about the local activities available but how should I do this. Is there a website or a telephone number that I can post on my wedding website for guests to use that will provide them with all this kind of info? Thanks
            I am pretty sure you have to book excursions through Lomas Travel at EDR.
            Here is their website.
            Transfers, Tours and Hotels in Cancun by Lomas Travel - Online Reservations and Travel Vacations
            I included this in my newsletter for my guests, so putting it on your wedding website is a good idea.

            #586 MelanieS

            MelanieS
            • Member
            • 820 posts

              Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

              Our guys took a deep-sea fishing trip booked through Lomas Travel. BIG MISTAKE. They took them out and the water was so rough no one could even stand up without falling. All the guys had taken dramamine before they left as a precaution - every one of them got sick. The trip was supposed to be 4 hours, but after 2 hours the captain said they probably wouldn't have any luck fishing and since everyone was sick, did they want to just go back? Of course the answer was yes.

              When we inquired about a refund they were told that WE should have made the call on whether the seas were too rough before we went out (who is the expert here?). The marina was closed the next day due to high waves. We initially had looked into booking through Captain Rick out of Puerto Adventuras (45 minutes south) or PuertoMorelosfishing.com. We so wish we had gone with one of the others. Both of them were great about getting right back to me answering any questions I had, plus both were much cheaper than with Lomas. It was a miserable, costly lesson.

              #587 Dreamgirl08

              Dreamgirl08
              • Jr. Member
              • 292 posts

                Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nolaroy724
                I am pretty sure you have to book excursions through Lomas Travel at EDR.
                Here is their website.
                Transfers, Tours and Hotels in Cancun by Lomas Travel - Online Reservations and Travel Vacations
                I included this in my newsletter for my guests, so putting it on your wedding website is a good idea.
                Did any of your guests actually go with any of the activities offered by Lomas? If so, did they book them beforehand or when they got there. HELP!My guests really want my advice on this, and I don't know what to tell them.

                #588 Dreamgirl08

                Dreamgirl08
                • Jr. Member
                • 292 posts

                  Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:59 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by timelsel
                  Our guys took a deep-sea fishing trip booked through Lomas Travel. BIG MISTAKE. They took them out and the water was so rough no one could even stand up without falling. All the guys had taken dramamine before they left as a precaution - every one of them got sick. The trip was supposed to be 4 hours, but after 2 hours the captain said they probably wouldn't have any luck fishing and since everyone was sick, did they want to just go back? Of course the answer was yes.

                  When we inquired about a refund they were told that WE should have made the call on whether the seas were too rough before we went out (who is the expert here?). The marina was closed the next day due to high waves. We initially had looked into booking through Captain Rick out of Puerto Adventuras (45 minutes south) or PuertoMorelosfishing.com. We so wish we had gone with one of the others. Both of them were great about getting right back to me answering any questions I had, plus both were much cheaper than with Lomas. It was a miserable, costly lesson.

                  wow, so sorry to hear of your expeirence with Lomas. "Rough" Water as in strong waves you mean? When was this by the way? Also, did your guests book the trip on their own, or was this an activity that you had set-up for everyone?

                  #589 nolaroy724

                  nolaroy724
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 308 posts

                    Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
                    Did any of your guests actually go with any of the activities offered by Lomas? If so, did they book them beforehand or when they got there. HELP!My guests really want my advice on this, and I don't know what to tell them.
                    I haven't sent my newsletters out yet, so they probably don't know anything about this yet. That is good to know you can book excursions through other companies. Hopefully some other EDR girls can tell you what their guests did. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

                    #590 MelanieS

                    MelanieS
                    • Member
                    • 820 posts

                      Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08
                      wow, so sorry to hear of your experience with Lomas. "Rough" Water as in strong waves you mean? When was this by the way? Also, did your guests book the trip on their own, or was this an activity that you had set-up for everyone?
                      Yes, extremely high waves. It was on May 21. This was a trip that we had booked for all the guys. A couple from our group booked the Tulum/Xel-ha trip through Lomas. They had a good experience on that one. It's easy to book once you arrive at the resort. It's the same price as online.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users