jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

I need everyone's advice! We just got our WC and need to pick one of the following for our ceremony....sadly 55 is not available. Either

White Gazebo, Mexican Gazebo or Presidential Gazebo. We were leaning more towards the White or Presidential since it's more beachy.

We also need to pick if we'll use the Health Bar, Salon Dorado or Beach area for the private reception. Any thoughts?? There will be about 25 people. Thanks ladies!! If anyone has pictures of the different areas that'd be great. 

I need everyone's advice! We just got our WC and need to pick one of the following for our ceremony....sadly 55 is not available. Either White Gazebo, Mexican Gazebo or Presidential Gazebo. We were leaning more towards the White or Presidential since it's more beachy. We also need to pick if we'll use the Health Bar, Salon Dorado or Beach area for the private reception. Any thoughts?? There will be about 25 people. Thanks ladies!! If anyone has pictures of the different areas that'd be great. 
I am not sure which one is the white gazebo, but I like the presidential one. Also like the ditalias casita gazebo. Go with a beach reception. Health bar is a nice setting, but not private. Check out murmel's photos. She has pics of all of those areas. :)

I think today's edr bride is on this board. Kari? Hope it's an amazing day!

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

I need everyone's advice! We just got our WC and need to pick one of the following for our ceremony....sadly 55 is not available. Either

White Gazebo, Mexican Gazebo or Presidential Gazebo. We were leaning more towards the White or Presidential since it's more beachy.

We also need to pick if we'll use the Health Bar, Salon Dorado or Beach area for the private reception. Any thoughts?? There will be about 25 people. Thanks ladies!! If anyone has pictures of the different areas that'd be great. 

I would go with the health bar for the private reception. The beach is gorgeous obviously, but can be pretty windy. The health bar is very close the beach, but the plants block some of the wind coming off the water. Plus, if you are like me, I need my heels on for the reception, so the Health Bar has solid ground and a roof, so if it starts to rain, you will be fine. We did our reception in Salon Dorado with a group of 42 and I thought it was way to big for our group.  I think health bar gives you the best of both worlds... roof, study ground for dancing, but open sides so you can still enjoy the beautiful scenery!

I just booked the Presidential Gazebo.  We are having our reception at the Tucanes but the Health Bar was a close 2nd because it was closer to the beach.  Here are some pics Valeria sent to me when i was trying to decide.  These are 3 pics of the health bar then one of a private beach reception.

I will say that tucanes was hot. Very little breeze came through and I was melting. I loved how private it was, that's the positive.

Hi Girls...I'm trying to pick a menu for our Rehearsal dinner @ El Cocotal ....those of you that have already been through this and tasted what they have to offer, what should I pick and what should I stay away from? Some of the things on the menu seem kind of strange. Also....is a destination wedding "rehearsal" the same as a traditional rehearsal? For example, do you run through the whole set up the night before so that everyone knows exactly what to do, then dinner afterwards? Just curious. 

Hi Girls...I'm trying to pick a menu for our Rehearsal dinner @ El Cocotal ....those of you that have already been through this and tasted what they have to offer, what should I pick and what should I stay away from? Some of the things on the menu seem kind of strange. Also....is a destination wedding "rehearsal" the same as a traditional rehearsal? For example, do you run through the whole set up the night before so that everyone knows exactly what to do, then dinner afterwards? Just curious. 
We did the chicken and tuna for our entree choices. They were supposed to offer veggie options for our 2 vegetarians,but somehow that didn't happen. We had the goat cheese quiche which was awesome, a salad, and the dorado profiteroles. It was all delicious! They also brought out a few filets that were also amazing. We haven't made it back there to try anything else, We did it as a welcome dinner, not a rehearsal. We didn't have a rehearsal at all, though I wish I had run one quickly. I don't think your minister would be there, just your bridal party.

Hi Everyone, I'm heading to EDR the week of thanksgiving for a site visit. If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to get them answered.

Hi everyone!  We are getting ready to book for the end of September!  I was trying to decide on photography though.  Has anyone used Sarani, one of their preferred vendors?  Any feedback on them?