Jump to content

Photo

$1200 Chicken


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 goingbridal

goingbridal
  • Newbie
  • 10 posts

    Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

    For 10 people. Is this absolutely ridiculous to you or what. I was quoted $500 set up fee for dinner on the beach plus $79.00 per person for a basic chicken dinner. Is it just me or is this a crazy amount to charge for chicken. a
    I really need feedback.

    Would you pay this much for a mini-reception for 10 people? Just so you know this does not include any wedding costs or decor or alcohol.

    #2 JENISE

    JENISE
    • Member
    • 652 posts

      Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

      The setup fee unfortunately is reasonable I think. Most place will charge a setup fee. But the price per plate for chicken seems a little outrageous. I'm having chicken stuffed with crayfish and pasta and it's $40 a person (and this $40 also includes, salad, soup, and dessert)
      Seems high in comparison to mine. Is the price negotiable? What are your other options? Hope my input helped. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

      #3 L&J

      L&J
      • Jr. Member
      • 153 posts

        Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

        I agree that the set up fee is reasonable but you are defintely being over charged for dinner. Our dinner price includes 3 types of hors devours, salad, choice of lobster or steak and 3 sides for $45/per person.
        Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

        #4 Pinky

        Pinky
        • Newbie
        • 134 posts

          Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

          That does sound high, what resort is this at?

          #5 JanineA

          JanineA
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,482 posts

            Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

            Wow that is steep. Our dinner is $70/pp and our get a choice between two appetizers (Ceviche or Caprese Salad), choice between two entrees (fliet mignon or caicos snapper) and choice between two desserts (apple something and a berrie & brownies type thing). I know I have a set up fee but I don't think it is that much. Is there any way you can negotiate this because it seems a little high. What other options do you have?

            #6 debbmach

            debbmach
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,457 posts

              Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

              that sounds really steep...is it at a luxurious private resort?
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

              58 people booked...and counting!!!

              #7 tauristar

              tauristar
              • Newbie
              • 62 posts

                Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

                when i originally booked with The Rose Hall, the prices were high. Because the resort offers all inclusive and a la cart, it seems like they are required to give you a la cart pricing. Once we say that my whole party was all inclusive, I got all inclusive pricing that was introduced at a significant discount (well normal pricing) and plated dinners are $45 each. I also got a discount for the all inclusive guests that covers tax.
                the prices can run up fast at the Rose Hall, but after visiting Jamaica I'm really comfortable and happy with it as my choice of locations.
                Also, not sure which package you chose, but I think a couple of them include dinner and set up for a group of 10.
                my day is in a few weeks, I'll be sure to do a detailed review when i get back :)
                good luck!
                Love is in the air!


                May 2010

                #8 goingbridal

                goingbridal
                • Newbie
                • 10 posts

                  Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JanineA
                  Wow that is steep. Our dinner is $70/pp and our get a choice between two appetizers (Ceviche or Caprese Salad), choice between two entrees (fliet mignon or caicos snapper) and choice between two desserts (apple something and a berrie & brownies type thing). I know I have a set up fee but I don't think it is that much. Is there any way you can negotiate this because it seems a little high. What other options do you have?
                  Going to another resort. The fact that the coordinator said this without laughing at herself was enough to make me look somewhere else.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by debbmach
                  that sounds really steep...is it at a luxurious private resort?
                  Not really.

                  #9 goingbridal

                  goingbridal
                  • Newbie
                  • 10 posts

                    Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tauristar
                    when i originally booked with The Rose Hall, the prices were high. Because the resort offers all inclusive and a la cart, it seems like they are required to give you a la cart pricing. Once we say that my whole party was all inclusive, I got all inclusive pricing that was introduced at a significant discount (well normal pricing) and plated dinners are $45 each. I also got a discount for the all inclusive guests that covers tax.
                    the prices can run up fast at the Rose Hall, but after visiting Jamaica I'm really comfortable and happy with it as my choice of locations.
                    Also, not sure which package you chose, but I think a couple of them include dinner and set up for a group of 10.
                    my day is in a few weeks, I'll be sure to do a detailed review when i get back :)
                    good luck!
                    Your response was by far the best response that I have had to this issue. I just feel like, I cannot tell my guests where to stay. I want them to have the freedom to stay wherever they like, so a la cart pricing it is. However, this is just ridiculous. The chicken would end up costing me just about $1550 after taxes and all.

                    I'm not cheap, but $150.00 per person for chicken just isn't going to happen.

                    #10 Meitra

                    Meitra
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 249 posts

                      Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

                      I'm getting ripped off as well They quoted me $125 pp ($150 pp with the taxes and fees). It includes several options and all drinks, but come on! Oh, and when I asked to removed several of the options to lessen the cost, they said no!
                      Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users