Show me your Wedding Hair Style

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 lesee

lesee
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi all the love,

Can I ask what the treatment was? I was just about to do the Brazillian Blowout until it blew up with formaldehyde - I've the same issue...FRIZZY RED HEADED DISASTER AND EVEN WORSE IN HUMIDITY!

Originally Posted by all the love 

For those of you who are worried about friz and/or poof in the humidity, here is something to look into. I recently went on a cruise and had my hair done with a Keratin treatment right before I left. My hair is naturally curly and frizzy, not nice curly but messy curly. After this treatment, I was able to blow-dry it straight, wear it down all day in the heat and humidity, and just brush it before dinner - it still looked amazing! The treatment wasn't cheap, but so worth it for me. Usually i spent almost an hour straightening every day. I had mine done in Calgary but I'm sure it's available other places as well. The results last anywhere from 3-9 months.

#42 AmyG

AmyG
    • 189 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

I Love this Bride KSmith!!  Nice choice!  :-)

Originally Posted by Bride KSmith 

After much debating here is my final hairstyle:

But on a chocolate bride with dark hair :)imagesCA6IHPIM.jpg

#43 ashley1316

ashley1316
      • 353 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

I am thinking of doing this for my hair. I am not a fan of my hair up on myself. I feel as thou i have very broad shoulders. So I am hoping my hair will agree with me in the dead heat of the dominican in July.

hair.jpghair1.jpg

#44 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

Ashley that is lovely!  Where do you live?  If it is warm and humid in the summer where you live, then see if you can do a trial of your hairstyle to see how it holds up for a day.

#45 ashley1316

ashley1316
          • 353 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

i live in ontario canada. Not so humid by july. Still looking for some alternates just in case thou. but thanks ;o)

#46 Brenners

Brenners
            • 807 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ashley1316 

i live in ontario canada. Not so humid by july. Still looking for some alternates just in case thou. but thanks ;o)

Maybe just stand in the bathroom after a hot shower to see how it stands up...lol.  

#47 sbelland

sbelland
              • 47 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

If you curl your hair with a flat iron it tends to hold up for the moajority on the day when compared to a curling iron! You just have to make sure that your flat iron is professional as you need it to get hot enough to hold a curl!

I have crazy thick hair and with a curling iron it usually only lasts a few hours. My hairdressor curled it with a flat iron and it lasted all day! it was truly amazing!

#48 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                • 328 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

I'm going for an Old Hollywood style, but as another bride said, on a chocolate bride :)

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                  Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#49 Lindy S

Lindy S
                  • 201 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

If you are concerned about humidity consider purchasing John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray. This stuff works wonders on hair prone to negative effects from humidity! I have naturally curly hair, and my hair usually grows 4x it's normal size when I'm in a lot of humidity. However, when ever I use this hairspray throughout my hair...my hair stays put and doesn't grow! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone concerned about humidity.

fe-moisture-barrier-firm-hold-hair-spray.jpg

#50 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                    • 328 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

Wow, my post so did not appear, lol. Here it is again: Old Hollywood style

Hair, Long

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                      Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users