Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#271 happygal

happygal
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

Question about wedding packages:

I'm finding their packages have a lot of things I don't care for.  FH and I are traveling with my step daughter, so we don't need rose petals in our room, an upgrade, champagne and fruit, or breakfast in bed the next morning.  Have any of you been able to substitute some of the items in the package?  Or was it an option to have a completely a la carte wedding and only pick the services you need?

This leads to my next question - in this case do you need to pay for the wedding coordinator, and decorations for the ceremony?

Thanks

#272 yeya99

yeya99
    • 111 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

You dont have to pay for the wedding coordinator, the coordinator par tof the deal as they work for the resort directly.  If you only want specific things maybe you can request a quote for only the services that you want.  Lastly yes you do have to pay for the wedding decorations.

#273 jplovesme

jplovesme
      • 385 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hey Gran Caribe Brides!

I just posted my full review of the Gran Caribe, and of my photographers, Del Sol Photography. Check it out!

Giselle+Joseph_W_0214 .JPG

#274 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
        • 677 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Thank you for such a great review!!!

#275 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
          • 677 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

BTW...you looked so stunning on your wedding day!!!! 

#276 jplovesme

jplovesme
            • 385 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by happygal View Post

Question about wedding packages:

I'm finding their packages have a lot of things I don't care for.  FH and I are traveling with my step daughter, so we don't need rose petals in our room, an upgrade, champagne and fruit, or breakfast in bed the next morning.  Have any of you been able to substitute some of the items in the package?  Or was it an option to have a completely a la carte wedding and only pick the services you need?

This leads to my next question - in this case do you need to pay for the wedding coordinator, and decorations for the ceremony?

Thanks

I was able to sub a few things in my package, through my WC. Just let them know what you want and don't want and they can make your package as unique as you need it.  You can do what I did -- complimentary (I stayed more than 7 nights) package then added a la carte items. They will send you a list of items that they offer. If it's not listed, just let them know what you are looking for, and they can tell if they can get it for you  or not.  Hope this helps a little!

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Thank you for such a great review!!!

Thanks, my dear!!!

#277 chibride2011

chibride2011
              • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

Thanks JPLOVESME for the review.  Its very helpful!  Is is okay if I ask who your WC was?  I was told that substitutions could not be made and I would really want to make some changes to the package I am considering...thank you again ...You were a beautiful bride!

#278 KathyW

KathyW
                • 123 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hi Girls...I just need to vent alittle..So I am less than a month away from my wedding and I had asked Elsa to make sure that I did not want Flora as my WC and asked if I could have Diana and she told me yes then today she emails me and says sorry Diana is not available and Im stuck with Flora....Im like nooooooooooooooo I dont want her as I have heard nothing but horrible things about her. Im totally stressing now! Ugh!!! The sad thing is it does not appear that there is anyone to go to if she is not doing her job... I feel helpless! Looks like Ill be assigning my friends to do the WC duties since I cant count on this chick to do it! Ugh so annoyed right now!!!

33 booked including bride and groom

#279 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                  • 677 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:23 AM

Kathy- That's awful! sorry! I called my WC to let her know that i do not want her......I even went as far as sending her some of the awful reviews people have written about her.....I hope they can work something out for you!

Originally Posted by KathyW 

Hi Girls...I just need to vent alittle..So I am less than a month away from my wedding and I had asked Elsa to make sure that I did not want Flora as my WC and asked if I could have Diana and she told me yes then today she emails me and says sorry Diana is not available and Im stuck with Flora....Im like nooooooooooooooo I dont want her as I have heard nothing but horrible things about her. Im totally stressing now! Ugh!!! The sad thing is it does not appear that there is anyone to go to if she is not doing her job... I feel helpless! Looks like Ill be assigning my friends to do the WC duties since I cant count on this chick to do it! Ugh so annoyed right now!!!

#280 ckbrock

ckbrock
                    • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

My daughter is planning her wedding in July 2012.  We are in Texas but her fiance is from the UK.  Any suggestions for travel sites for his friends and family flying out of London?  We are also vacationing at the Gran Carive Real summer 2011 to check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users