Any brides from the UK

• Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#1111 waybuloo

waybuloo
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

094.JPG

This is my daughter Brooke in the £11.25 dress!!  What do you think girls?  It is miles too big for her at minute, I have clipped it in at the back.

#1112 janapana

janapana
    • 591 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by waybuloo 

094.JPG

This is my daughter Brooke in the £11.25 dress!!  What do you think girls?  It is miles too big for her at minute, I have clipped it in at the back.

Wow, she looks stunning!

#1113 michelle2011

michelle2011
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by waybuloo 

hi all,

didnt end up going bridesmaid dress shopping after all............had some bad news about my granda, he's ill in hospital and things arent looking good :( so i cancelled it but will re arrange in a few weeks.

anyway, welcome to the forum Scottish Lass & Herbie76. Herbie, we've also booked sensatori if you read a few pages back we've had a right carry on with our confirmation date we booked as soon as the brochures were released and still didnt get the date we wanted! if i were you i'd ring the weddings team and kick off! wish i'd done that sooner as i'd probs have the date we asked for. we asked for 3 different dates in our first week and have ended up with day 11!

lyndsey x

Originally Posted by Scottish Lass 

Hiya I stay smack bang between Glasgow and Edinburgh.  It's really rural so I'm relieved to find somewhere to talk weddings ha ha as I think my hubby is a bit deaf with it all!  Your dresses look lush heres mine http://www.maggiesot...=1&style=SD5230.  Not having such a great day - my stroppy 15 year old is a pain in the butt!

Awww your daughter Brooke is stunning what a pretty girl. I love that colour on her. I still can't believe the price!!! You lucky mare you! ha ha...x

Lynsey - so sorry to hear your family member is ill. I hope she gets well soon and you have a better day tomorrow... big hugs to you x

Scottish Lass - I LOVE your dress. It is gorgeous. Really pretty. I got a dress i didn't think i would go for but i LOVE it and can't wait till Jan when i have my first fitting. It's also a good excuse not to pig out over xmas ha ha..

Girls that are getting diamond white Maggies.... did you find they are more an ivory colour in real life? Mine seemed to look ivory to me which i'm glad about as i didn't want bright white.... is it just me?

Jo - as always i love reading your posts you are so funny! I can imagine a night out with you would be a riot! lol

#1114 herbie76

herbie76
        • Site Supporter
        • 270 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* 

hi all,

didnt end up going bridesmaid dress shopping after all............had some bad news about my granda, he's ill in hospital and things arent looking good :( so i cancelled it but will re arrange in a few weeks.

anyway, welcome to the forum Scottish Lass & Herbie76. Herbie, we've also booked sensatori if you read a few pages back we've had a right carry on with our confirmation date we booked as soon as the brochures were released and still didnt get the date we wanted! if i were you i'd ring the weddings team and kick off! wish i'd done that sooner as i'd probs have the date we asked for. we asked for 3 different dates in our first week and have ended up with day 11!

lyndsey x

Lydsey, ehich wedding team did yu phone the travel agents or the sensatori team? It's really stressing me as I dont want to get married at the end of our holiday. x

On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.

#1115 *lyndsey*

*lyndsey*
          • 184 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

nicy, your dress is lush!x

#1116 *lyndsey*

*lyndsey*
            • 184 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

Hi Herbie,

I rang the Thomsons Wedding team directly. I've been chasing it with the travel agents since we booked and nothing ever came of it so i started ringing the team directly and finally got my date, although its definitely not the date we wanted.

the number is 08716640131. it's closed on a sunday but when you do ring you just need to give your reference number. here's a tip - have a slight attitude as i never did & I always just accepted the answer 'you will hear within 8 weeks'. However when i rang on wednesday i had a slight attitude and said i needed some action to be taken as it is now over 8 weeks and i got my date. NO MORE MR NICE GIRL FROM ME! lol

well girls all the lovely talk of dresses has really cheered me up

i have my dress but before i had ever tried dresses on i was 100% certain i wanted a big princess style dress. i didn't care if would boil in the heat. i tried on a few dresses and the shop i went to had the most lovely staff who knew what would suit me. they had selected a few extra dresses for me so after trying on all of the HUGE dresses i tried on a fitted dress with a sort of fish tail train. wow. i was shopping with my mam & we both knew. the dress is by pronovias which is a spanish designer so it will fit very well in mexico.

just talking about it makes me excited!!

my fiance is thinking i am getting obsessed with my 'internet friends' lol (& he could be right)

#1117 char79uk

char79uk
              • 262 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:27 AM

Lisa - your daughter looks beautiful in that dress, the colour really suits her, I can't believe it only cost £11.25

Lyndsey - did you post a picture of your dress??

xxx Charmaine xxx

#1118 janapana

janapana
                • 591 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

Jo - as always i love reading your posts you are so funny! I can imagine a night out with you would be a riot! lol

The nights out are great, usually it´s the morning after i have trouble with....

#1119 Nicyx

Nicyx
                  • 2,914 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* 

hi all,

lyndsey x

Lyndsey, sending hugs to your grandad, hope all is well.... have you heard anything? x

sorry to hear about your grandad lyndsey, hope you´re all ok...

what a lot of beautiful wedding dresses..... char your dress is stunning, it´s funny how we don´t end up with what we thought we´d want! just for the sake of it i´m going to post my dress, even though i´ve posted i before, cos it makes me smile!

nicy, your dress is lush!x

THANK YOU x

Hi Herbie,

I rang the Thomsons Wedding team directly. I've been chasing it with the travel agents since we booked and nothing ever came of it so i started ringing the team directly and finally got my date, although its definitely not the date we wanted.

the number is 08716640131. it's closed on a sunday but when you do ring you just need to give your reference number. here's a tip - have a slight attitude as i never did & I always just accepted the answer 'you will hear within 8 weeks'. However when i rang on wednesday i had a slight attitude and said i needed some action to be taken as it is now over 8 weeks and i got my date. NO MORE MR NICE GIRL FROM ME! lol

well girls all the lovely talk of dresses has really cheered me up

i have my dress but before i had ever tried dresses on i was 100% certain i wanted a big princess style dress. i didn't care if would boil in the heat. i tried on a few dresses and the shop i went to had the most lovely staff who knew what would suit me. they had selected a few extra dresses for me so after trying on all of the HUGE dresses i tried on a fitted dress with a sort of fish tail train. wow. i was shopping with my mam & we both knew. the dress is by pronovias which is a spanish designer so it will fit very well in mexico.

just talking about it makes me excited!!

my fiance is thinking i am getting obsessed with my 'internet friends' lol (& he could be right)

I was like you, i was so so fed up of the TA... lie after lie after lie so i got directly in contact with Wedding dpt at Thomsons and I got my date confirmed not the time i wanted which im a bit disapointed about but it will be ok and we got the date and thats what mattered really, but i definatly agree and say go direct to the wedding dept yourself :-)

Oooooo and it cheers me up loads too all this wedding dress talk... Its so exciting :-)

xox

#1120 herbie76

herbie76
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 270 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:44 AM

Thanks ladies, I will give the wedding department a call tomorrow.

All of your dresses are beautiful, we are all going to look stunning brides.

Is anyone else getting married between 24th July and 8th August at The Sensatori?

On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users