Cost of Travel for Guests

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Amelie-Mellow

• 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hi all,

My FI and I are getting some complaints about the cost of travel to our wedding. I was hoping you could let me know what range your travel packages are in.

We are considering 5 star resorts in Punta Cana-so although I appreciate hearing back from everyone, would really like to hear from other brides in the 4.5-5 star category.

Thanks ladies!

#2 Oryx

• 727 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hi Amelie-Mellow,

So far I am getting quotes for about $1700, but I'm hoping the price goes down to the $1500 - $1600 range. You don't have $1400 - $1700 in your poll. :)

#3 TLC4Rock

• 473 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

the prices should go down. plus the price the bride/groom pay will always be higher than most guest because we tend to purchase a year in advance. I also noticed your wedding is 2012, you are getting quotes already or is this based on this year?

Best wishes in your planning.

#4 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hi! Our resort is supposed to be 5 stars in Punta Cana. I put in $1700-$2000...it really depends on how many nights they're staying and what type of room. I wasn't sure if you were doing per person but that's how I broke it down. I didn't include airfare. For a week my FI and I are about $2000 per person in Royal Service. I found a great deal on Orbitz for the regular room and our travel agency honored it so his parents paid about $1000 per person. Normally it would have been around $1500. It's really hard to narrow down since there are so many factors involved. I hope this helps!

#5 bikegirl

• Banned
          • 319 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

I'm hoping to be under $1500 per person. The cheaper the better of course, but I told the TAs I'm working with that $1500 is my absolute max for the guests. FI and I will ask to be upgraded and pay for it if they can't do it for free.

#6 Jefiner

• 119 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

I see your looking to book now for 2012, i highly suggest holding off right now until you get about 6-9 months away and start looking at prices then. The company i work for has a travel agency apart of it and I can tell you for sure the prices are going to change from now until 2012.

I booked 8 months away and the price has gone up and down since we booked. It is now about the same price as when i booked, $1500.00 per person for the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Thats a group rate.

#7 dolfinluck

• 2,424 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

We are paying just under $1000 per person for 8 days including airfare. If your not set on the month trying pricing out a different month and the price can drop a lot.

#8 bikegirl

• Banned
                • 319 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

^ Whoa!!! That is insanely good!

#9 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

depending on when our guests book.. they paid at all different scales.. but Beaches tends to be pretty expensive! We paid $4950 total for 9 nights. But some of our guests paid $1575 total for 3 nights because they booked early enough. It all depends.

above prices did not include airfare.

#10 Pink_Petals

• 192 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

Our resort is a 5 star (Dreams La Romana) and we booked our wedding for the beginning of September because it was WAY cheaper than May-August!!! Our guests are paying about $950 for one week and about $1450 for 2 weeks (tax included)...
                      I had the same problem as you; I was in love with many resorts but my guests refused to pay more than $1000 for a week so I was feeling pretty stressed and down for a long time until I realized I could still have a wedding at a beautiful resort for cheap just by changing the month to September.

As the other ladies mentioned, the prices will change for sure by 2012 so I would suggest you wait some more; we booked our resort approx. 6-7 months in advance. :)
                      Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users