Photo

Married Chicas - what is your new name???

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

did not know where to post this.

this is random, so i decided to post here. sooooo - what is your new legal name

did you hyphenate? did you change you middle name to your maiden name?

i just thought it would be fun to see what everyone is doing and any comments as to why (if any at all)

i was just going to change my middle name to my maiden name - but as i am filling out the paper work i am feeling kinda sad about not having my middle name anymore. ha! people have been calling by my first, middle, and 2nd middle name for so long. and having five names is NOT an option. he he.
    "Formerly goNDmay9"
    "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
    http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

I'm just changing my last name. It's kinda sad to lose the name I've had for 26 years, but I'm pretty traditional.

#3 Geralyn

Geralyn
      • 2,677 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

Yea i also changed my last name...it's been almost a year and i'm still not used to it. The other thing that I'm not a fan of is when I see things addressed to Mrs. Stephen Brennan...i lose both my first and last name and am only a MRS

#4 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

LOL G! I got my little sister's graduation invitation in the mail this week, and it was addressed Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Robinson II. Nice, that's all I am now, MRS. It's okay though, that's just how it is!

#5 Laura22610

Laura22610
          • 468 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:50 PM

I took my husband's name and changed only my last name. I feel like I am signing someone else's name when I sign my name now. :)

#6 Island Bride

Island Bride
            • 330 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

I believe im going to hyphenate my name. I cannot bare to loss my last name. Im proud of my family so im keeping that. I will do all my legal documents with my hyphenated name, but just casual things i'll sign with my married name (to make FI happy)

#7 Sloan

Sloan
              • 1,279 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

I took my husband's last name. In hind sight, he probably should have taken MY name. It's much easier to say and spell. His last name no one can pronounce or spell. It's kinda funny how people try to say it, much less spell it. I get the "double take" with a screwed up face from strangers every time I state our last name. Oh well. Too late now.

#8 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                • 734 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

I'm going to be taking his last name. My last name is Rodriguez so that in its self is long, I couldn't imagine hyphenating. But its hard to wrap my head around it because I'm puerto rican so i have a common hispanic last name and now i'm going to have an Irish last name. So weird, but I wouldn't have it any other way :)
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                  http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#9 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

i feel the same way!! i'm colombian and going from gonzalez to tompkins, crazy!!

#10 midnight24

midnight24
                    • 754 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:19 AM

i'm taking my husbands last name...and debating on changing my middle name to my maiden...although i say this now i have yet to fill out the paperwork.

i need to start practicing my new signature!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users