Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I brought the sashes with us. At the time, we paid $55 and they set up the gazebo, cocktail hour and reception area. I think they charge $65 per event now. Everything was held at Bugambilias Terrace. I didn't tell them how to set anything up. This is how they do all of them, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to look through your posts so I am sorry if it's there but I am trying to learn to navigate this site. Where did you get the sashes? And is there somewhere you have a list of what you bought? Did you have the reception there also or at a different location. And I am concerned about the weather in the beginning of March. Did anyone complain about the weather?- Rainy? Cold? It seems everyone complains about wind. i wanted to private message you but I can't seem to figure it out yet lol. My email is ladydi1844@aol.co m if that is easier. thanks so much for the time.

 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

I brought the sashes with us. At the time, we paid $55 and they set up the gazebo, cocktail hour and reception area. I think they charge $65 per event now. Everything was held at Bugambilias Terrace. I didn't tell them how to set anything up. This is how they do all of them, I think.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have thin hair and my face does NOT look good with my hair up.  I really wanted to have my hair down for the wedding but it seems that MP can get pretty windy on the beach.  Any solutions to this?  Half-up/Half-down?  What are you brides doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Mochamakes, you're right --- my coordinator said it's $65 per event for set up.

 

I Love your set up! I'm also curious about where you got your sashes and tablerunners from? Did you add anything extra to the tables? I'm still gathering ideas, and love how yours looks!

 

Also, did you think the Bugambilias Terrace was a good choice?  What helped you make that decision? 
 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

I brought the sashes with us. At the time, we paid $55 and they set up the gazebo, cocktail hour and reception area. I think they charge $65 per event now. Everything was held at Bugambilias Terrace. I didn't tell them how to set anything up. This is how they do all of them, I think.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have loved to do half up/ half down but my hair is stick straight and I want curls so if I leave it down it will just fall flat in Mexico heat!  So most likely its going all up in a low side bun with lots of volume and at least it will be off my neck and keep me cool!
 

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

I have thin hair and my face does NOT look good with my hair up.  I really wanted to have my hair down for the wedding but it seems that MP can get pretty windy on the beach.  Any solutions to this?  Half-up/Half-down?  What are you brides doing?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy some clip on extensions. My friend bought them and they look great! I think she paid around $100 for them. And/or you can use volumizing shampoo and then put in some thickening lotion for hair or volumizing mousse before styling. It always works. I'm thinking of purchasing some clip on extensions myself.

 

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

I have thin hair and my face does NOT look good with my hair up.  I really wanted to have my hair down for the wedding but it seems that MP can get pretty windy on the beach.  Any solutions to this?  Half-up/Half-down?  What are you brides doing?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think this will put enough "weight" in my hair so that it won't blow all crazy-like? XD
 

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post

Buy some clip on extensions. My friend bought them and they look great! I think she paid around $100 for them. And/or you can use volumizing shampoo and then put in some thickening lotion for hair or volumizing mousse before styling. It always works. I'm thinking of purchasing some clip on extensions myself.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

 

Yes, Mochamakes, you're right --- my coordinator said it's $65 per event for set up.

 

I Love your set up! I'm also curious about where you got your sashes and tablerunners from? Did you add anything extra to the tables? I'm still gathering ideas, and love how yours looks!

 

Also, did you think the Bugambilias Terrace was a good choice?  What helped you make that decision? 

 

 

 

 

I got the sashes from wedding linens direct and purchased the table runners from another bride. I am reselling the sashes if anyone is interested. I added individual frames as place cards, chocolate bar favors that we brought, the WC provided vases with gel beads in the center and we reused our bouquets for the centerpiece. Here's a picture of that.

 

table center.jpg

 

I chose Bugambilias because it is the closest to the Sunrise side and that's where we had our room block. I prefer the Sunrise side and I didn't want our guests to have to travel the whole length of the resort. As it was, half of us were on the other side and still arranged for a golf cart to take people to the ceremony.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!!  Very helpful -- also found out some of this on your wonderful review.  You're awesome. thewave.gif

 

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post



 

I got the sashes from wedding linens direct and purchased the table runners from another bride. I am reselling the sashes if anyone is interested. I added individual frames as place cards, chocolate bar favors that we brought, the WC provided vases with gel beads in the center and we reused our bouquets for the centerpiece. Here's a picture of that.

 

table center.jpg

 

I chose Bugambilias because it is the closest to the Sunrise side and that's where we had our room block. I prefer the Sunrise side and I didn't want our guests to have to travel the whole length of the resort. As it was, half of us were on the other side and still arranged for a golf cart to take people to the ceremony.
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×