Sign in to follow this  
ali.jeff2011

Newbie!!! April 2011 HELP

We are looking to marry down south with a large group of people..35-60! What is important to us is that the price per person for travel is reasonable, looking for something around 1300-1500pp. I have visited the Melia this past month and loved it and thought it would be beautiful for a wedding however havent found a lot of information on wedding packages and prices, also considering the gran bahia principe as well. I see that a lot of packages are only good for 10 or 15 people and then there is a fee for extra persons. Can anyone reccomend an affordable resort for a wedding of my sizehuh.gif I am totally open to all suggestions.. I am trying to get a list of resorts that I am interested in so when the prices are out in August we can decide and book. Or should I be deciding now and reserving?? what do you all think.. help please lol

Hello and welcome to the forum. We have several threads on Punta Cana, maybe those will assist you in finding out more and if it's the right location for your wedding. Best of luck and happy planning

Welcome! Although many of the packages are only for a few people, the extra people usually only amount to about $60 each including the reception and cake. But, when you add that many to a group, you often get other discounts like free rooms, cocktail party, etc. We're expecting around 40, and I found the extra people are basically a wash. Hope that helps! Happy planning!

Check out the Mayan as well...we got a great package flat rate for as many guests that were coming. We are getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Tulum. Congrats and happy planning!